lanoxrehab

Reaction score
Handicap
Woot woot, just booked trip for 25th wedding anniversary to Cancun week of 4th of July. Sitting on a beach will get old after say....15 minutes. Taking the sticks. Anybody ever been golfing there and can pass on some tips ?

Cancun

Woot woot, just booked trip for 25th wedding anniversary to Cancun week of 4th of July. Sitting on a beach will get old after say....15 minutes. Taking the sticks. Anybody ever been golfing there and can pass on some tips ?

Here is my tip. Leave the sticks at home!!! Went to Cancun last year with the wife. She won a all expenses paid trip through work. Stayed at the el presedente. Awesome hotel and amenities. We got to choose a fun outing day. Spa,golf,kayak, etc.

I though what the hell...I’ll take my sticks. I only had to pay fee to have Delta let me bring them. Huge mistake. Trusting Delta and then trusting the Mexican government officials and then trusting the hotel people to insure they arrived at my room. Too nerve wreaking for me. That was even before I got to the course. Never mind getting my sticks to the course and whoever in trusting they’d arrive safely. I’d never take my sticks out of country again. Just relax,enjoy the wife’s company and your special day. Just drink on the beach. Too many people touching or handling your sticks will make you a bit uneasy. Well,if your like me and have a nicer than normal set. Sorry for the rant,enjoy Cancun,it is a fabulous place to unwind and relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a less severe, but similar, experience as Dlamb11 at Moon Palace Cancun. We got the clubs down there on Delta without any problems. Moon Palace has 27 holes of average golf. The best description I can use for the experience is 'hassle'. You go to the desk (not the pro shop) to pay and they give you a piece of paper, you take the paper to the cart guy, you have to show the paper to the starter, and then you give the paper back to the cart guy when you're done. We played 36 each day and you had to repeat the paper process between rounds. Once on the course, we had a good time. I can't remember the animal's name but they're ninjas. They can remove sealed food packages from the darkest recesses of your golf bag in about 2.2 seconds.

We also drove about 30-45 minutes south of Moon Palace to Playa Paraiso Golf Club. They have a Pete Dye course and our experience was completely different. This course is more $$$ but we really enjoyed the day. We started around 1:00 and the pro shop guy figured out we liked to golf. He simply said...be back at dark. No damn papers to check, recheck and check! :D

Have a great trip!

Got a timeshare at royal haciendas down there. There’s a pretty fun Nick Price design course there that’s always been in great shape when we’ve gone. Golf Carts will do about 30 so it’s easy to get in 18 late afternoon/early evening as it’s usually empty by then.

Leaving Friday and for sure taking my clubs. I picked an all-inclusive Resort that has a free round of golf per day*. Choice of El Tinto or Grand Coral Rivera, both designed by Nick Price and the El Camaleon designed by Greg Norman. Going with wife who does not play so got to temper how much I play so as not to anger her on our 25th wedding anniversary trip. I'll get out some though. Can't Wait.

*$50 golf cart fee.

Golf on teeoff.com down there is EXPENSIVE.

Back