Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So I like these polls .... gets everyone involved. Tell me which one of these feels better to you & why you think that way?

1. Make a 30' Birdie putt?
  2. Par 3 tee shot ... stick it for a tap in?
  3. Crush a career drive down the middle of the fairway?
  4. Find a tall shipping box at your door when you get home?

So there are a lot of variables to each choice. But I would choose #2 .... the Par 3 stick to a tap in. There is nothing like a pure iron shot, the feel off the face, you know when you hit it that it just feels good (I know we all have had that feeling at some point)
It never leaves the flag, its just a matter of the correct distance ... it lands very near the hole ... "Go In!" It's great to be able to walk to the green and not have to think about the putt .... it's inside the leather. "Now that was a great shot" all your friends say.

To quote my favorite golf movie ... "Oh, he got all of that one. Uh ... its in the hole!"

Now #1 is good as well. There is something to say about draining a 30' putt for birdie when your opponent hits one to 2'. He thinks he's got the hole won ... but now the hole has just shrunk to a thimble. :) I can't tell you how many times I have lost a hole to my father this way. It annoyed the hell out of me! But he was and always will be a great putter.

So what say you? Thoughts?

I have to follow suit with the par 3 tee shot. Overall that's my favorite part of the game when it's clicking and looks great. Whether it's a par 3, or just an approach shot with a wedge or iron into a green, if struck well and the result is good, sticking that green is my favorite part of this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitting a par three to tap in is it for me as that lets me know I'm striking the irons well that day. Would love to have more of those.

A well struck shot into a par 3 for a tap in bird always feels good!

Par 3 tap in for birdie...I just don't see enough of those for my game.

As far as I can remember, I've had 1 tap-in birdie on a par 3. It was a magical moment watching it fly through the air. A tap in for birdie (especially on a par 3) is a birdie. A crushed drive down the middle can still be a bogey... Or worse...

I'll take the tall shipping as it is much more rare, for me!

I love draining a long putt so I'll go that route. Sticking a par 3 is definitely right there but when I look back at my memorable shots I remember more long putts made than any other shot.

I would take a drive smashed long, love hearing my playing partner say, #$#@ you got all of that one. :banana:

Went with the career drive, had many stuck par 3s, long putts are great but usually some luck involved, shipping box at door would remind me of the $$$ just spent. But when you crush one there's no down side and the look on the buddies faces are priceless, if you pick up your tee while still in flight, the 'it's casual' look.

As far as I can remember, I've had 1 tap-in birdie on a par 3. It was a magical moment watching it fly through the air. A tap in for birdie (especially on a par 3) is a birdie. A crushed drive down the middle can still be a bogey... Or worse...

Very true!

Draining a long putt.

I'm going par 3 tee shot stuck for a tap in. There's not much like a well struck iron and being able to put a birdie on your card. I was leaning toward career drive but the problem there is you have to follow it up with another good shot :beat-up:

no question, the flushed iron shot. it's the most addictive feeling i've ever experienced. you know right when you hit it, and you pose like you're on tour!

I went with draining the long birdie putt. No better feeling than draining a long putt stealing a hole away from your friends!

I like flushed iron shots, but those happen way more often than draining 30ft birdies. I feel like there is more celebration around a long birdie putt than a good iron shot.

Chicks dig the long ball.

I love draining long putts for birdie or even a par save. Feel like it gives me some momentum going to the next hole.

Well, since I smashed a PR drive this past week and hit my second shot into a deep fairway bunker I will go with a tap-in on a Par 3. Birdies are good. The last one is nice but generally means I spent some money.

Wow, I really enjoy all of those.

I think I enjoy a tap in birdie on a par 3 the best though.

Sinking a long birdie putt makes me feel really damn good haha im definitely fist bumping after that.

Yep. Has to be this. I've made some horrendous scores after perfect drives. Seeing the ball settle next to the hole gives immediate gratification. Knowing during the entire trip to the green that you have a birdie in the bag is way better than any of the other options.

I am going with the long birdie putt. I say this because I would think you have better chances at sticking it close more often then hitting the long putt.

Back