TaylorMade TP5Pix Another Truvis Golf Ball

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
Pretty cool. Callaway didnt have anything to say about it? Seems kind of a copy infringement? No?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m not even sure how I feel about this. I’ve kind of gotten away from using the Truvis anyway, so I probably won’t try these, but I do like some of these TM design. It is a little lame though, but with Callaway’s success with Truvis it was only a matter of time.

Interesting. I suspect they’ll find some success with them. The Truvis have been popular for callaway.

Man, these equipment companies are shameless in the way that they “borrow” each others’ technology. PXG turns into P790 (but, in fairness, TaylorMade had a hollow iron years ago). Callaway Truvis becomes a new TaylorMade offering. I just saw a photo of a new Cameron mallet putter and I’ll be darned if it didn’t look like it had the spoilers/wings, similar to the Toulon Indi.

The I.P. attorneys are certainly making out well.

Man, these equipment companies are shameless in the way that they “borrow” each others’ technology. PXG turns into P790 (but, in fairness, TaylorMade had a hollow iron years ago). Callaway Truvis becomes a new TaylorMade offering. I just saw a photo of a new Cameron mallet putter and I’ll be darned if it didn’t look like it had the spoilers/wings, similar to the Toulon Indi.

And name a putter company that doesn’t have an Anser copy.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not the same TP5 is a good ball but you can’t beat Callaway Chromesoft Truvis made right here in good ole Chicopee,MA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the truvis ip was actually owned by another company and Callaway was licensing it. Right or wrong?

I thought the truvis ip was actually owned by another company and Callaway was licensing it. Right or wrong?

I remember reading something to that effect. If so, the question is whether Callaway’s license is exclusive.

I thought I read that the Truvis patent wasn't about the pattern, but about the application process. I could be wrong, but it doesn't happen often.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not really the case anymore.
It originally was licensing.

With the supreme rise in the sale of Truvis, I'm not surprised. I know Callaway released this with some science behind it (albeit probably manufactured, you never know) but this copy cat seems like a gimmick. It's great to have more offerings for the consumer, but I won't be partaking.

I remember reading something to that effect. If so, the question is whether Callaway’s license is exclusive.
It may be assigned to Callaway too, can't remember exactly. I seem to recall the patent was a process patent--i.e., how to produce the ball. If TM developed another process, may get around the patent altogether.

One thing is for sure, TaylorMade's IP lawyers have vetted this thoroughly. Doesn't mean it's not infringing, but they will be ready should any litigation come from it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Knew it was coming, but alas it has zero effect on me because I still am not a Truvis fan.

It has zero effect on me as a Truvis fan actually

even better. So players who want to try a Truvis style ball but enjoy the TP5 will have their chance. I don't see any issue in that.

even better. So players who want to try a Truvis style ball but enjoy the TP5 will have their chance. I don't see any issue in that.

Yup. I think of it as Truvis fans may enjoy a different ball with designs but if you are not a Truvis fan I am not sure how you could be a fan of these designs.

Yup. I think of it as Truvis fans may enjoy a different ball with designs but if you are not a Truvis fan I am not sure how you could be a fan of these designs.

people are weird haha

Like the TP5 ball but not a big fan of designs on golf balls.

I sort of chuckle at the blatant rip off, but at the same time it's just par for the course in the golf industry. If there's money to be made, why not give it a try?

I guess the question is how many golfers buy Chrome Soft purely because it's available with a Truvis pattern? I mean that's the potential market Taylormade must be going after here right?

Can't believe it actually took this long for another company to do. I am not really digging the designs on these though.

It’s worked out ok for every single putter maker ever “borrowing” from Karsten with the Anser putter. Haha

Callaway’s definitely look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back