Live Scoring Coming To THP Events In 2016

We used the app yesterday for our round. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it is pretty simple. One rough spot is entering fairway and putting stats. I couldn't figure out how to get back to enter those if the app skipped over that entry.

If you are running android, I'd suggest testing this out, as the ui is a but different. They pretty much ported the app from the iOs version, so the keyboard is different than your android keyboard.

Yeah I had a tough time as well. Need to play around a bit prior to RTJ.

Looks like GameBook had an iOS update today for "bug fixes". Curious to see what it fixed/changed.

Looks like GameBook had an iOS update today for "bug fixes". Curious to see what it fixed/changed.
Hoping for an android update soon

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Mine updated today, but still unsure what was fixed. It has frozen sometimes when entering a score, but having just gotten the update have not tried anything.

JM

I've used it twice now. It's rough but the first time it worked great, however the second time (today) it crashed on me after 15 holes.

From Gamebook

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting us.

Because we have stopped the development of the Android version there is no new updates coming anytime soon. We have plans to develop a native Android application in the future, but it hasn't been decided when exactly this is going to happen. At the moment we are developing more demanding features on the Golf GameBook iOS app. Because of that, our product development is focusing mainly on the iOS application, which we want to be as good as it can be.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Sincerely,
Päivi
GameBook Team

So it isn't looking good for android folks :angry:

I guess I must be in the minority that the android app has worked fine for me.

I haven't used it in a round yet but have followed along a couple of times and it has worked fine for me. I just hate to see when a company focuses on one platform and stops development of another. I understand that this is demand driven but I think it hurts app companies when they focus on one and not both.

Looking at the IOS version alongside my android there were noticable differences.

1 which was interesting is that during our round sunday Phil could look not only at the leaderboard base don stroke play but also the stableford scoring for the group.

I oddly enough didnt have that option available to view during the round

Looking at the IOS version alongside my android there were noticable differences.

1 which was interesting is that during our round sunday Phil could look not only at the leaderboard base don stroke play but also the stableford scoring for the group.

I oddly enough didnt have that option available to view during the round
I set up our game without a side game set, so he shouldn't have seen stableford scoring either...

I set up our game without a side game set, so he shouldn't have seen stableford scoring either...
It just showed the three people in our group, not our entire game. That may have happened when i added us to the game

ok that makes sense

Something is not right...I logged onto the site and all my info and friends were gone. Checked my iPhone app and it's no longer working. Says I need to register. No bueno.

Just sent an email to support.

It works for me as well, but just not all the features work as they do on ios

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

So I just tried to open the app and I was prompted to log in. My password is incorrect. I don't think it is, but went through password recovery and am waiting for the email. WE shall see.

So I just tried to open the app and I was prompted to log in. My password is incorrect. I don't think it is, but went through password recovery and am waiting for the email. WE shall see.
I had the same issue last night. Never did get the email

I get push notes when ever my friends start games. The sound effects are good and I'm enjoying the game. Let's hope all the bugs were worked out.

I emailed Paivi at Gamebook last night. Received an email from him this morning. They were performing server maintenance and password recovery emails were not going out as well as the app being down for a short time. He told me that I should be able to log in with my original password. Everything is back up and my original password works. All of my contacts are still there too. The only thing I see different right now is that the Recent rounds of some of my friends are no longer there. All seems to be working fine though. Pretty doggone good customer service considering the time difference from the US to them.

JM

Seems to be working fine for me, I've got through the test game a couple different times, seems like a really easy interface to interact with, not only for coring, but for tilting the screen to see the leaderboard and right back to your own game, this will be a riot to use in AL!

Got an email this morning as well and was told system is back up.

I agree Mojo, the customer support for them is really good.

Is there / will there be a list somewhere of THP'ers that are using this so we can add each other easily?

It gave me the username "ken4" though I don't remember being given a chance to create a username... probably because I signed in using FB.

Ken

I've started adding THPrs (friend requests) to mine. I expect the list to grow as we find more uses for the app. Perhaps 2 guys at 1 course and 2 at another for a series test

Success. Seriously.

Such a fantastic element added to THP events, so stoked to see this continue to evolve.

Back