TecTecTec ULT-X Rangefinder Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome review Gary. You covered everything I would want to have answered as per of a review. Solid job, thank you.

A friend of mine got a TT last year and the PGA show I believe and used it all of 2018 and had nothing but good things to say about it.

This newest release with the slope enhancements take it to another level. Curious what the market price will be, I’ll have to look it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review!

I have owned my TecTecTec rangefinder for about 4-5 years and it still works like new. I had it fog up on the lens once, but that was my fault due to leaving it out in the cold and then bringing it back inside in the heat. The support from TecTecTec walked me thru how to fix that (it didn't require any tools and didn't require taking it apart...) and as stated it still works like day 1.

I would like to have slope, which my model does not have, so this new model has me interested. Looking forward to seeing what the price point is...would have to assume around/slightly over $200-220 based on their prior models.

Definitely an underrated product from a solid company!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Really solid review. That selling price of $250.00 is pretty darn good for a laser with slope. Next time I am in the market for laser rangefinder this one will be on the short list I am sure.

I love seeing feature rich products coming down in price. The TTT ULT-X is a great example of it.

Great review Gary! Certainly a big bang for the buck in this unit.

Good write up.

I have the VPRO500S version and I've had it for over a year and its been great and invaluable. It also has all the features that the reviewed product ha except vibration mode. I even ditched my GPS watch. I paid $179 for it from TecTecTec and compared to the prices of other brands it was a no brainer for me.

I have no problem recommending TecTecTec rangefinders, based on my use.

Great review, I like the simplicity of being able to turn off the slope mode.

Tried out my buddies Ult-x the other day. Was definitely impressed by the features for the price. Will definitely consider this if I ever need a replacement for my bushnell.

Awesome write-up Molten! Lot of tech packed into the range finder - Target lock, tournament legal, but also has slope, and 450 yards - sounds like a great device.

Price is $250? Great deal.

Great review and write up. The tectectec and nx7 remain top contenders for me for when I finally buy a rangefinder.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m now in the position of having two great rangefinders. Seems like a waste so I’ll have to see what I can do here...

I’m now in the position of having two great rangefinders. Seems like a waste so I’ll have to see what I can do here...

I mean if you don’t want to have that problem I know a guy who’ll be glad to take one off your hands.

Great review at a good price point with all the features offered, don't think you can go wrong with this one.

Good write up.

I have the VPRO500S version and I've had it for over a year and its been great and invaluable. It also has all the features that the reviewed product ha except vibration mode. I even ditched my GPS watch. I paid $179 for it from TecTecTec and compared to the prices of other brands it was a no brainer for me.

I have no problem recommending TecTecTec rangefinders, based on my use.

I've had the same one for over 1 1/2 years now, works great, locks on flags really well, and the Slope function seems accurate enough. I absolutely recommend TecTecTec rangefinders, great bang for the buck!

Great write up. sounds like a solid unit. I like the simplicity of turning the slope feature on and off. Pretty sweet.

Good review Molten. I currently have the V4 but really would like a slope unit without the big price tag. Living in BC and playing on mountain courses has left me guessing yardages on many occasions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having gamed this one for a while now I can say I was pleasantly surprised, the price point can't be beat and with the addition of slope it's got everything I was looking for in a rangefinder, takes a bit longer to get targeted than my previous Bushnell, but with vibrate on this one, there isn't much I can get from a different one at a great price and a nice compact package.

Back