Episode 2: Behind the Scenes with Worldwide Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When you enter this golf mecca, you realize that you are not in just an ordinary golf store, but rather something extraordinary. We got a chance to sit down with Al Morris, CEO of Worldwide Golf and discuss the entire history of the brand and where they are headed in the future.

In Episode 2 (of 3), we discuss the type of brands they carry, why they carry them and what if anything is missing? Are they more club based or apparel based and what does Al play and why?

Enjoy Episode 2 and stay tuned for Episode 3, coming soon right here on THP TV.

If you missed Episode 1, you can catch it here.

I wish these stores would come to the East coast. VA in particular would be nice. I already miss the golf stores that used to be here. And I hate buying anything in a Dicks, except golf balls.

Great video and I'm looking forward to episode 3.

I wish these stores would come to the East coast. VA in particular would be nice. I already miss the golf stores that used to be here. And I hate buying anything in a Dicks, except golf balls.

Worldwide Golf has some Eastern USA stores, but apparently none within the State of Virginia.

Edwin Watts Golf Shops, a Worldwide Golf company and home to the 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, has proudly served golfers in the Southeast and Texas since 1968.

Edwin Watts Golf Shops operates 42 stores in 11 states; Alabama (3), Arkansas (1), Florida (16), Georgia (5), Kansas (1), Kentucky (1), Louisiana (3), Mississippi (1), South Carolina (2), Tennessee (3), Texas (6).

The only WorldWide shop we have is Edwin Watts. It's out of the way for me, but I go there when I am looking for something specific knowing they will have it.

Worldwide Golf has some Eastern USA stores, but apparently none ye within the State of Virginia.

Edwin Watts Golf Shops, a Worldwide Golf company and home to the 90-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, has proudly served golfers in the Southeast and Texas since 1968.

Edwin Watts Golf Shops operates 42 stores in 11 states; Alabama (3), Arkansas (1), Florida (16), Georgia (5), Kansas (1), Kentucky (1), Louisiana (3), Mississippi (1), South Carolina (2), Tennessee (3), Texas (6).

I guess I should have just led with NONE in VA :act-up:

Would be so cool to walk in to a store and just know that EVERYTHING is there. I usually have to bounce around to a couple different places if I am looking for something specific because the stores around me only carry certain brands.

I am fortunate to have a Roger Dunn here in Orange County, CA. We have GG and PGASS also, but Roger Dunn is definitely the better store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that they are golfer focused - in terms of the associates and buyers buying for golfers, I know that wasn't the case with some of the retailers that are no longer with us (Golfsmith)

I guess I should have just led with NONE in VA :act-up:

I've never been to Virginia. I guess for a golf retail store to make it, the location needs to have a large number of nearby golf courses and players.
But even then it is questionable these days. For example a few years ago, the Palm Springs -Coachella Valley area , with dozens of golf courses within a 20 square mile radius, had 8 golf stores. That number is now 3 stores.

Would love to have one of these nearby

Man, I want to go to this store so badly. Sounds like golf shopping heaven.

Wish they had stores here. Especially like that they do trade ins and resell the used clubs, helps people save some bucks that maybe are just getting into golf or something

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This would be awesome to visit. There’s not a single golf store where I live. The closest that I know of is 200 miles away.

“I’m sorry did I say TaylorMade? I meant Honma”. Lol

The local brick and mortar here just split half the store into a tennis section. Golf section is probably smaller than that putting area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wow! I have never seen anything like that store

Another fun and informative installment. Never have been to any WWG stores except for Edwin Watts. And the couple I have been to are more convenience store sized as opposed to Walmart sized.

I like the videos very informative. I hope to be going to the RD store here in a few weeks if I can sneak away on out trip.

Is it wrong that I want to move somewhere that has one of these stores, just so I can shop there?

Back