claw grip putter setup

lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there a putter setup that may help with the claw grip work better? I am using a ping answer 2 with a pingman grip currently but notice a lot of guys using super strokes with bigger heads? Does this help with the claw stroke? Does a bigger putter grip or head help? Any direction appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Chris DiMarco advocates claw style players use a slightly (degree or two) upright lie angle.
Regarding grip size, a larger diameter will help promote stable wrists throughout the stroke. The downside to the larger diameter grips is that touch/feel/feedback is diminished.
I think choosing a head size/ head shape is about what you like looking at the most. Right now mallet heads are trendy on Tour and if a few players start winning with mallets it provoke other guys to try a mallet as well.

Superstroke is coming out with their traxion claw grip specifically for claw putters

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Superstroke is coming out with their traxion claw grip specifically for claw putters

It is supposed to be out sometime next month from what I have been told directly from SuperStroke. Just an FYI for anyone in this thread.

It is supposed to be out sometime next month from what I have been told directly from SuperStroke. Just an FYI for anyone in this thread.
Saw on the gram they were released and shipping ... Maybe someone in here will have one soon to show off

Yeah I saw that last week. I can't wait to get one and try it out. Just have to decide what putter to put it on. I could cut down my SC Laguna(its a bit long for me) and try that, replace the grip on my Cleveland HB#1(current gamer), or just get something new. I kinda hate to mess with the HB#1 right now as I am pretty happy with it for now. The club ho in me wants me to get a new putter. I do kinda like that old Pro Platinum Laguna though so may cut that down an inch or 2 but who knows what I may end up doing.

Dang it @greekelite ......... now you got me online looking at new putters!!!! :banghead:

Dang it @greekelite ......... now you got me online looking at new putters!!!! :banghead:
#sorrynotsorry

Back