Your Other Favorite Golfer

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
We all have our favorites, but who do you find yourself rooting for that is under the radar or isn't a "Superstar" on tour?

Sam Burns!!

Even though hes in the top 50 in the world, I would say The BarnRat hasnt reached superstar status. I love to root for him. Has an awesome back story and appears to be a very good guy from what I've read.

I always like seeing Billy Hurley on the leaderboard.

Patrick Rodgers. My buddy's son played on Patrick's team in high school (Avon, IN).

Charley Hoffman!!

This past weekend left me so darned conflicted down the stretch because my two favorites after Rickie are Woodland and Schauffele.

Decided actually to pull for Woodland to see him close one out finally and because of the intrigue (to me) wrt his recent Wilson signing.

But Schauffele taking it and in way he played was truly awesome to see!

Jason Dufner...now sponsored by Dude Wipes :clapp::clapp:

Charley Hoffman!!

The Hoff-man is up there for me as well.

Obviously Adam Hadwin is one i always cheer for. Had a chance to chat with him a couple of times and he's just super down to earth and enjoys having fun on the course.

Even though hes in the top 50 in the world, I would say The BarnRat hasnt reached superstar status. I love to root for him. Has an awesome back story and appears to be a very good guy from what I've read.

Prior to this weekend I would have said Schauffele, but i think he is on a meteoric rise so BarnRat is my choice.

Pat Perez..seems like he would be a good time to hang with. Doesn't take things too seriously which is always nice.

For me, it's Hoffman and Grillo. The very first tournament I went to Hoffman was paired with Sergio near the back of the pack on a Sunday. Walked 18 holes with that group and then watched the leaders in the afternoon. Ever since then, Hoffman has kind of been someone I keep an eye on. Grillo, I don't really have a reason for, I just like him..

Furyk, I've been cheering for him since I started getting into golf and wanted to play his Strata golf ball with cards suits on them!

Couple come to mind looking at players not in the Top 150 in the GWR

James Hahn, World #158
Andrew Johnston, World #199
Brandon Harkins, World #271

Pretty much every Canadian on Tour, led by Hadwin.

Definitely Pat Perez as someone else mentioned. Seems like a great guy and is hilarious on PGA Tour radio.

I'd also put Hoffman and Ryan Palmer in there as I had the opportunity to walk with them during their second round at the Northern Trust last year and both were nice enough to sign balls/take pictures without even being asked.

Harold Varner III (OWGR 156)

Jimmy walker all day long. He got hot a few years back, and then after that won the PGA, but most of his career has been off-air golf

posted from somewhere in the world on my phone

Kelly Kraft
Scott Piercy
Boo Weekley

Harold Varner III (OWGR 156)

Good one, dude made something like a $250K payday and mowed his parents lawn the next day, because he promised he would.

Tony Finau was my guy, but I think Top 10 in OWGR qualifies for superstar status. Maybe Kevin Tway and Ollie Schniederjans - they both have impressive games and seem to have a lot going for them.

Honorable mention to Ho-Sung Choi, because how can you not love that guy!

Good one, dude made something like a $250K payday and mowed his parents lawn the next day, because he promised he would.

Tony Finau was my guy, but I think Top 10 in OWGR qualifies for superstar status. Maybe Kevin Tway and Ollie Schniederjans - they both have impressive games and seem to have a lot going for them.

Honorable mention to Ho-Sung Choi, because how can you not love that guy!
Varner is a down to earth quality dude. Hard not to pull for him.

Pat Perez
Chris Kirk
Andrew Johnston

Back