IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The Most Versatile Shaft Analyzer In Golf

Callaway Fits is a revolutionary new shaft analyzer that easily screws into the grip of a driver or seven iron. In just a few swings, this tool provides the best shaft options based off of a player’s swing DNA via Bluetooth right to the Fits App, which is downloaded on the fitter’s phone/iPad.
https://cmp.callawaygolf.com/callawayfits/

[video=youtube;xcRj1-bP3oM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcRj1-bP3oM[/video]

Heard a Fitting Room Podcast last week on this and is sounds pretty robust.
They said that when they send out all of the fitting gear for the 2019 clubs, this unit will be included.

There was some good discussion on their podcast last week on this. I asked @ttucliffhanger if they used or saw these in the Grandaddy but they didn’t get to use or see but there was discussion on it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it actually does produce good recommendations this will be a very good tool to have around. I know its a Callaway device but its too bad it doesn't work with other manufacturers as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see others coming out with something similar later down the road though. I hope my local rep gets one of these soon as I am very curious what shaft it will recommend for me.

Sounds cool. Would love to give it a whirl someday.

I want to find one of these to mess around with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is cool. I love Mizuno shaft optimizer for irons, this is similar. Does it do all clubs or just drivers?

This is cool. I love Mizuno shaft optimizer for irons, this is similar. Does it do all clubs or just drivers?
Irons and Drivers for now and Fairways very soon.
Also very easy to update through an app as new shafts become available.

Callaway Fits

This actually sounds pretty cool!

Sounds very interesting. Would be interested to see the results of this tool versus what the fitter comes up with if separated.

I want to play with this.

See this is what is needed at the box stores or even smaller fitters to narrow down the search, have a base to start off of

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

See this is what is needed at the box stores or even smaller fitters to narrow down the search, have a base to start off of

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I honestly think that’s who this is really intended for.

Great tool to help out fitters.

Heard a Fitting Room Podcast last week on this and is sounds pretty robust.
They said that when they send out all of the fitting gear for the 2019 clubs, this unit will be included.

Unfortunately this was not included in our fitting gear that was sent over. Maybe it'll come when the first batch of clubs is sent over for release?

I'm a really big fan of these types of devices if they deliver good information. Makes choices easier for consumers if they can get their hands on them.

Unfortunately this was not included in our fitting gear that was sent over. Maybe it'll come when the first batch of clubs is sent over for release?

That’s what they said on the podcast, these would be going out with the 2019 stuff.

This is really interesting.

That’s what they said on the podcast, these would be going out with the 2019 stuff.
I'm hoping they come in when the clubs get sent over because it looks awesome. Wish it would have come with the fitting heads and shafts.

Tomorrow is when we're allowed to let customers get their hands on the demos and fitting and can't wait to get some thoughts from others.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sounds really interesting!

I understand the principle behind this and the Mizuno device, but never having used one before, do they just spit out a recommendation of a few different shafts all with a similar feel / weight / flex / etc?

I am just trying to understand how something like this could determine the particular feel that a customer is looking for?

Entirely hypothetical, but if I was to swing and get some readings and it suggests a lightweight shaft, but I prefer the feel of a heavy shaft, can these devices account for that type of thing?
Or is it literally just a potential starting point for a fitter to say shaft 'x' might work?

I understand the principle behind this and the Mizuno device, but never having used one before, do they just spit out a recommendation of a few different shafts all with a similar feel / weight / flex / etc?

I am just trying to understand how something like this could determine the particular feel that a customer is looking for?

Entirely hypothetical, but if I was to swing and get some readings and it suggests a lightweight shaft, but I prefer the feel of a heavy shaft, can these devices account for that type of thing?
Or is it literally just a potential starting point for a fitter to say shaft 'x' might work?
The mizuno shaft optimizer is a great starting point. It takes your tempo, where you load the shaft, when you release it. All of that goes into the system and recommends a tip stiff shaft in S flex and soft stepped once. Say you want a heavier shaft, try to find something that is similar being tip stiff and S flex

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back