Have you seen Elios Motors?

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Saw something about this on the web and thought it was both weird and interesting.

https://www.eliomotors.com/

8c4acc0384200ac1dca0f644a36ccfa3.jpg

Yep I have too much self respect to be seen driving this car under any circumstances. But to each their own. Gotta give them respect for trying to jump start something.

Reminds me of this:

My dad pre-ordered one of these. It's a replacement for my moms golf cart that she uses to tool around the "community"

So Urkel is designing cars these days. I wondered where he went.

My dad pre-ordered one of these. It's a replacement for my moms golf cart that she uses to tool around the "community"

That's awesome.

I would drive one. I dont drive too much, but this would be perfect for a third vehicle.

I get the updates on FB for these. I would love to get one but who knows when or if they are ever going to come to fruition. Each year they keep saying the first batch is projected by the end of the year and when that comes and goes they say next year. As a photographer it would be great as there is enough room for my gear and get great gas milage that would keep fuel costs low.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Where do my golf clubs go?

You can actually fit them in the back, but you have to put the 2nd seat down. Only 1 person/1 bag at a time.

I am interested in one of these, the cost and fuel efficiency are pretty amazing. I drive solo most of the time, so I could see this being a great 2nd vehicle option especially for those that have to commute.

I have ... I know at least three people that put money down ... I am just cautious of a company that over promises and under delivers ... the people I know have waited 2+ years after putting money down and still nothing ...

The good news is in the interim, I have discovered this jewel that is available today. I seriously want one ....

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot

I have seen one of those Polaris cars running around near my house....pretty cool looking

I wonder how those hold up in a T-bone crash?

Yep I have too much self respect to be seen driving this car under any circumstances. But to each their own. Gotta give them respect for trying to jump start something.

I agree. Has death trap written all over it for where I live.

I wonder how those hold up in a T-bone crash?

About like a motorcycle. They are more motorcycle than car, but they are FUN looking. I've seen a few of them running around. Really really nice. But very much a toy.

I have ... I know at least three people that put money down ... I am just cautious of a company that over promises and under delivers ... the people I know have waited 2+ years after putting money down and still nothing ...

The good news is in the interim, I have discovered this jewel that is available today. I seriously want one ....

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot

Just the sort of toy I would buy when I retire in a few years. They look very cool and would be a blast to drive, a lot of fun for $20k and I think my wife would allow it even though she hates motorcycles.

1431853936794990658.jpg

Like the idea, but if I am picking up a 3-wheeler I am getting a Polaris Slingshot.

maxresdefault.jpg

About like a motorcycle. They are more motorcycle than car, but they are FUN looking. I've seen a few of them running around. Really really nice. But very much a toy.

They are licensed as a motorcycle, and states with helmet laws require a helmet ... but it also means HOV lane!

Polaris all the way!

I'd take an Ariel Atom or XBow over the slingshot, of course the price tag is much higher

I'd take an Ariel Atom or XBow over the slingshot, of course the price tag is much higher
Atom would be pretty cool, especially the V8 version haha. Ive always wanted a Caterham r500 tho, they are just awesome.

Atom would be pretty cool, especially the V8 version haha. Ive always wanted a Caterham r500 tho, they are just awesome.

I'll take one of those too please.

You can actually fit them in the back, but you have to put the 2nd seat down. Only 1 person/1 bag at a time.

I am interested in one of these, the cost and fuel efficiency are pretty amazing. I drive solo most of the time, so I could see this being a great 2nd vehicle option especially for those that have to commute.

The trunk of my Corolla barely has enough room for my golf stuff and work stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be a great car for the soon-to-be ex wife...

EDIT - I am not encouraging that type of....purchase. And I have never been married.

Back