Arizona Golf Course Recommendations

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Team GU is headed to the Waste Management Open this year and we want to play some golf. Looking for course recommendations (or connections *wink wink*) for us to check out.

Right now the contenders are StoneCreek, Rancho Manana and potentially Talking Stick.

Team GU is headed to the Waste Management Open this year and we want to play some golf. Looking for course recommendations (or connections *wink wink*) for us to check out.

Right now the contenders are StoneCreek, Rancho Manana and potentially Talking Stick.

Greyhawk is awesome, and if you can get on any of the desert mountain tracks, I’d highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you staying and what is the budget? A lot of courses are getting booked for that weekend.

Talking Stick is a great course, but I prefer something with some elevation change here and there. It was flat as a pancake.

I am a big fan of WeKoPa

I am a big fan of WeKoPa

It was very scenic and in great condition, but I really liked Troon North better.

Talking Stick was great during last year’s THP Championship...

We-Ko-Pa, Gold Canyon-Dinosaur Mountain course, Boulders in that order!

Here are some favorites.
1.) Wildfire in Scottsdale
2.) Las Sendas in Mesa (private but public can play there)
3.) Desert Mountain in Scottsdale (in might be private now)
4.) Raven in Phoenix near Sky Harbor
5.) Whirlwind courses in Chandler
6.) Ocotillo in Chandler (more affordable than the others list above)

You picked a great time to visit the Phoenix area. Hard on the wallet but you can't beat the weather.

Rancho Manana is trash.

Southern Dunes is a must do. If you want dramatic elevation changes, look at Quintero.

Most unappreciated course is Wickenburg Ranch.

Desert Forest :D

Talking Stick is a great course, but I prefer something with some elevation change here and there. It was flat as a pancake.

Agreed...

I am a big fan of WeKoPa

Came here to post that... I’ve played both the Saguaro and Cholla courses at Wekopa and really enjoyed them both but thought the Saguaro course was the better of the two.

It was very scenic and in great condition, but I really liked Troon North better.

Gonna try Troon in March, I think.

Making a golf trip to Sun City West. Can anyone provide some insight or help me decide between Wigwam and Desert Springs? And also maybe Copper Canyon? My dad wants to play Deer Valley and Grandview but I’m trying to change his mind.

Making a golf trip to Sun City West. Can anyone provide some insight or help me decide between Wigwam and Desert Springs? And also maybe Copper Canyon? My dad wants to play Deer Valley and Grandview but I’m trying to change his mind.

Wigwam is O.K. They have three different course layouts, IIRC. I played there about 8 years ago and I don't remember which course (Red maybe). There was nothing spectacular about the place. Pretty flat and boring from what I can remember.

Back