Why do we care whats on the bottom or back of the club?

At the end of the day, its all marketing. Thats why I refuse to buy any of the big name brand clubs. I'll keep my Pinemeadows, Wilsons and Top-Flites and let someone else pay for the marketing and the multi-million dollar endorsement deals.

Some people care about looks first and foremost. Some people value function over form.

And most of us are somewhere in the middle.

For me, I'm paying a lot of money for my clubs (usually). I want something that looks cool, as well as works good. Of course, function comes first, but looks are not far behind.

And most of us are somewhere in the middle.

For me, I'm paying a lot of money for my clubs (usually). I want something that looks cool, as well as works good. Of course, function comes first, but looks are not far behind.

I agree almost always with golf clubs, but he mentioned many other things. I know when I was building my Jeep, I couldn't have cared less about cosmetic additions/improvements. The Jeep's soul purpose was to crawl over big rocks and occasionally navigate some semi-deep water without getting stuck. It wasn't a beauty contest. If the item didn't add significantly to the capability, then it wasn't considered. If it looked good, that was a bonus.

My last comment goes for food, too. The only reason I'm eating it is nourishment. I don't care what it looks like on the plate.

Back