DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
For the past two years That I have been playing, I've always felt like I get slightly better every time I play or practice. That is up until the past month or two. Something has happened and I have constantly been going back downhill with what seems like every aspect of my game. I went from shooting at my best around 86-87 to no back in the upper 90s. I am slicing,pushing, shanking, and hitting fat shots constantly anymore. I know this is broad but has anyone else ever experienced this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you go to the range and work on making crisp contact?

Could be mental too. How is your stress level, both on course and off? Any major life issues that could be sneaking into your game?

For the past two years That I have been playing, I've always felt like I get slightly better every time I play or practice. That is up until the past month or two. Something has happened and I have constantly been going back downhill with what seems like every aspect of my game. I went from shooting at my best around 86-87 to no back in the upper 90s. I am slicing,pushing, shanking, and hitting fat shots constantly anymore. I know this is broad but has anyone else ever experienced this.

Yep. At least once per season, I run into a stretch of 3 to 4 weeks where everything falls apart. At that point, i go back to the very basics in my setup... Posture, ball position (including distance I'm standing from the ball), weight position, alignment of feet/hips/shoulders, grip. etc. Eventually, I work my way out of it. Most important thing for me, during these spells, is to be patient and stay positive.

Maybe you're trying too hard. Go back to just enjoying the game??? Just a thought!!

Sure, I have had it happen several times. What happens is I usually fall back into old (bad) habits and my swing goes to hell. My advice is hit the range again, if you are seeing the same problem then seek help. Whether that is through a PGA instructor, or videoing yourself and asking Tadashi on here or some other way, don't try to fix yourself.

I have tried to self medicate and dug myself deeper many times spending a ton of time and energy (which are both in shorter supply every year) trying to fix problems that I may or may not have had.

It is frustrating as all get out to think you have made some progress and then to regress, but trust me it happens to everybody (look at Tiger).

Either way, good luck!

Stop keeping score for a few rounds. Play from the forward tips. Get a lesson.

find a qualified teaching professional and work your tail off.Finally after many many ups and downs I'm high 90's now and just killing the ball.If I can do it anyone can do it

Lessons lessons lessons........

Back