TPC SAWGRASS-Really

pingman33

Reaction score
Handicap
Making a little road trip next week down to Florida for the PGA show. This is my first time.
Plan on a stop in Jacksonville next Saturday to check things out. Got on there website to see if they had any tee times open, fiqured I could sneak a special round in. The good news is that they had a few openings for a single....the shocking news is that it was $550 for a round!!!!!!
That is rediculous!!!!! Do people really pay that much for a round of golf!!
Looks like I will be making a stop to walk around a bit!

Yep they are nuts with the pricing, even in the dead of summer when it is 1,000 degrees they want $250-300. I have some friends that have played it and really were not that impressed, but it is a bucket list type of thing and I hope to play it one day also. Just like Pebble or some of the other high visibility courses you play for the honor of being there...

Yes, it was $480 in December. We got paired up with another 2 some. Really didn’t have to wait on the course till we got to 16 then it was a little slow... beautiful course though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have to be a once in s lifetime round for me.

Its not quite that expensive if you do a package with the hotel. I stayed 2 nights at the resort, and played the Stadium Twice and it was like $800 or $900 total. It was a really fun course. Glad I did it once. Not sure if I will again.

Yep they are nuts with the pricing, even in the dead of summer when it is 1,000 degrees they want $250-300. I have some friends that have played it and really were not that impressed, but it is a bucket list type of thing and I hope to play it one day also. Just like Pebble or some of the other high visibility courses you play for the honor of being there...

Jim, for Florida residents, one of the best ways to play it is in one of the FSGA's tournaments. The FSGA has a slew of tournaments on some pretty fine tracks for less than what you'd pay for regular greens fees. They very often have a tournament on Sawgrass, and last year I played in one of their tournaments there for around $550*, but it included two nights at the hotel and two rounds of the tournament--one on each of their courses. BTW...the Dye Valley Course, IMO, is every bit of fine as the Players course and maybe even a little more enjoyable. You're not restricted to the cart path on the Dye course, whereas you normally are on the Players course regardless of weather.

*Edit: Double Occupancy

I played there with the boy a while ago on twilight for $175 and he as a jr was $35. We got in 16 holes but started on #10 due to a lighting delay.

If you do decide to play it Jim, I would fly down to play if with you. Like you it a bucket list for and want to do it. Maybe we could get old grouchy pudge out as well haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The elusive Pudge, yep that is a rare cat to see since he is private now (and busy) :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i miiiiiiiiiight be very interested in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really want to play there someday but yeah that price is a lot.

I really want to play there someday but yeah that price is a lot.

August is usually dirt cheap, but you also might die from heat or lightning

August is usually dirt cheap, but you also might die from heat or lightning
Cheap cheap or tpc cheap (ie still pretty expensive but cheap compared to normal)?

If I'm going to pay to get heat exhaustion my budget basically limits me to tanning beds for that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cheap cheap or tpc cheap (ie still pretty expensive but cheap compared to normal)?

If I'm going to pay to get heat exhaustion my budget basically limits me to tanning beds for that

Played it twice in August and the greens fee was 150? This was a while ago though

Played it twice in August and the greens fee was 150? This was a while ago though
Ah ok, I could justify that in a vacation mental mode.. and I could deal with the humidity to an extent, NJ has pretty similar days but the time I was in Florida in July was exceptionally worse

Do the carts have A/C for August golf?

Not to my recollection. Then again, those things just feel like someone’s just breathing on your neck and that’s creepy.

It’s usually kinda breezy since it’s not that far from the Atlantic, so it’s not 100% a sweat box? It’s like.. 95% sweat box. Fun course though at least once.

Not to my recollection. Then again, those things just feel like someone’s just breathing on your neck and that’s creepy.

It’s usually kinda breezy since it’s not that far from the Atlantic, so it’s not 100% a sweat box? It’s like.. 95% sweat box. Fun course though at least once.

and for $150 thats not bad at all for one of the top courses in the US, especially compared to the "normal" rate.

Sounds like more fun to just watch on TV.

Do the carts have A/C for August golf?

You don’t notice the heat at all. You’re too busy trying to hit shots you saw the pros hit. Of course if you can’t then the swamp ass can become a real issue.

I really really want to play it once. This and Pebble are on my "I'm sure I won't be blown away for the price, but dammit I want to play it" lists.

You don’t notice the heat at all. You’re too busy trying to hit shots you saw the pros hit. Of course if you can’t then the swamp ass can become a real issue.

Grab some monkey butt or whatever that stuff is and away we go hahaha

I'd play TPC in the dead of summer with you, Panda.

Grab some monkey butt or whatever that stuff is and away we go hahaha

I'd play TPC in the dead of summer with you, Panda.

Hmmmmm, it’s just a phone call away. We’d have to play both courses.

Back