2019 driver count

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
Times, they are a changing. After many years of pay per play and Tour driver count dominance, TM is scaling back its tour spending. Titleist won the most recent driver count.

Should we expect Titleist to continue leading in this? Any chance this opens the door to “smaller” companies like Mizuno and Srixon to get more drivers in play? Will a perennially good driver maker like Cobra start getting non-staffers into driver only deals? Will Callaway make a concerted effort to shut the door on everyone else by upping their counts and flooding the coverage? Will players continue to play a TM driver with no compensation?

Seems like potentially good opportunities out there for multiple companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titleist should win it quite a bit this year, they have the largest staff under contract this year.

Titleist should win it quite a bit this year, they have the largest staff under contract this year.

Have the other OEMs scaled back their pay to play contract staffs?

Have the other OEMs scaled back their pay to play contract staffs?

Yes they have.

Yes they have.

Does tour play not have as strong a correlation with sales as it used to? I overheard you talking about that in the UTT event during dinner, but didn't catch the whole convo.

Does tour play not have as strong a correlation with sales as it used to? I overheard you talking about that in the UTT event during dinner, but didn't catch the whole convo.

I can’t answer that. I think there was some bloat at Taylormade and with their company sale decided to go in a different direction.

Does Titleist do driver only contracts?

Not surprised that Titleist is the leader in the clubhouse.

I wonder how much more we see players playing mixed bags and what’s best for them and winning cash vs being staff pros

Also very curious about the driver only contracts as well

Back