Contest - Name The Ultimate Driver

Its not us, it's them. :angel:

Other than Big Bertha, I can't think of another driver that had a legitimately cool name anyway. SLDR? Nope. Rocketballz? Not even in the area code. G30? Vapor Fly? BioCell? Pass. Pass. Pass.

We too cool for school, gents :glasses-cool:
excellent point! Hahaha

Oh wow only 3? SMH mine definitely was BAD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha I don't even think I submitted one. #CreativeAsAMonk

I think I came up with mine when I was drunk so it probably wasn't very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully mine holds water

Maybe that is why we are golf consumers and not golf manufacturers. Or the manufacturers want more creative names.....for 6 months.

I legitimately find that response hilarious. This is the industry that has used up military based monikers, over uses sequential alpha numeric names and is currently rehashing old product names. And we are the ones who can't come up with decent names??

My favorite part of all this is that I was briefly offended until I realized I couldn't even remember what mine was, followed by trying to figure out if I even submitted one.

If I can't even recall it, it wasn't very good. :)

Ha ha ha well....at least they're honest. Heck, I would be too if I was possibly going to put a name on something I made, that was created from a bunch of Hackers online! lol

I legitimately find that response hilarious. This is the industry that has used up military based monikers, over uses sequential alpha numeric names and is currently rehashing old product names. And we are the ones who can't come up with decent names??

i'd love to know what they think are good names that they've come up with. from the golf digest 2016 hot list:

double black diamond - are we selling golf clubs or skis?
great big bertha - is that the new madea movie? oh no, it's what your dad played while you were trying figure out the harmonies to the breakdown of motown philly
xr16 - sounds like the new air force fighter jet. kinda cool, but it's letters and numbers. oooooooo
f6 - the key i accidentally hit when i'm trying to refresh amazon black friday deals
ltd - very informative
vapor flex - sounds like a signature move for a wrestler
g - nothing needs to be said
ls tec - tells me nothing without having to ask the underpaid sales guy folding snake eyes shorts at golfsmith
sf tec - see above
m1 - again, very informative. throwback? i've been playing golf for 17 years and this means nothing to me.
915d2 - isn't that the droid in the new star wars movie?
jpx ez - sounds like a rapper
355 - hosel bore?
fg tour f5 - ok, at least this says tour so that's kinda golfy.

is your hair blown back yet?

I would like to suggest to the dissenters that this is why they work in golf and why we all post on an Internet golf site.

I got a B+ in my Fundamentals of Marketing class, and I think most of us came up with great names.

I would like to suggest to the dissenters that this is why they work in golf and why we all post on an Internet golf site.
Agree to disagree.

I agree with a chuckle. Ironically I actually prefer the lame old alpha numeric stuff because at least it implies a release order or sometimes implies a release year. Names like Double Black Diamond, Rocketballzzzz, JPX EZ etc strike me as bad attempts at being clever. Next year the "Chairlift" is coming to stores near you!

xr16 - sounds like the new air force fighter jet. kinda cool, but it's letters and numbers. oooooooo
There WAS an F-16XL for a minute. And it was made by Lockheed, not Boeing, so that would be funny if they had gotten closer to that name.

This one is all sealed up. The winner is TurMOIl.
There were some incredible names. And there were some interesting names.
And there were some great names, that were used already by other clubs (good example is Sniper), which took me by surprise.

In the end, this one is the winner. Congrats. Please send me a PM with full name and shipping address.

T U R MOI L is a good name!

Congrats Kevin!!

Congrats!

Would be curious to hear what the other 2 of the final 3 names were.

Congrats Kevin!

Hhaha Not sure that's a good thing based one the feedback of our creativity.

Kevin FTW!

Congrats on the win, maybe we will see it in play someday

Congrats, Kevin!!

Back