St Elmo’s Shrimp Cocktail

I’m here for any cocktail sauce that doesn’t have HFCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally and not a fan of shrimp cocktail at all. Was taken to St Elmo's and figured I had to try what they were famous for. This sauce is different than any other cocktail sauce, very flavorful and the perfect amount of spice to enjoy it.

Lot of yes.

But, this is why we make our own. Horseradish galore for me.
Recipe?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My brother brought a bottle of this to a new years eve party. It was talked about all night and was a big hit.

Recipe?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We use sugar free or reduced sugar ketchup, some lemon juice, and you preference of heat/amount of horseradish! Easy peasy and gooooooood!

We use sugar free or reduced sugar ketchup, some lemon juice, and you preference of heat/amount of horseradish! Easy peasy and gooooooood!

Easy enough. I'm contemplating making my own horseradish sauce now. This could be good...

Just one of the many things that makes you Americans weird. A shrimp cocktail, otherwise known as a prawn cocktail should only contain Mary Rose Sauce!!!

Its very close for sure, the vinegar and ratio is skewed just a bit. The Harry & Izzys at IND airport is one of my locations, made it many times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m sure the flavor is great but my stomach wouldn’t appreciate me eating something that hot!! Enjoy!

Horseradish hot is different than pepper hot in this respect, it never bothers my stomach, just a quick brain burn when it's good, the sinus cavity clears out, and its gone!! Horseradish, mustard, and wasabi have the best burn of all imo.

Found another bottle at home, couldn't wait to make some shrimp, gonna try it on a few different things in the next week or so to see what other uses I can get out of it!
l0liKdR.jpg

Their horseradish sauce is pretty fantastic too. I’ll be trying some of their other stuff as well; I’ve got a rub and a steak sauce too.

Their horseradish sauce is pretty fantastic too. I’ll be trying some of their other stuff as well; I’ve got a rub and a steak sauce too.

I have the rub and it wasn’t what I expected. It’s not like anything I’ve had in the restaurant. It seemed like too much celery in my opinion.

I’ve been there. Just awesome! And yeah - they warn you before you have the shrimp cocktail. I laughed at them, then took a bite and that was the end of my laughter.

Tried this tonight. It was really good, definitely not weak.

It gets you in the feels doesn’t it?

It really does. It’s not what I’d call “shy”. Good flavor though, not relying on the heat.

It really does. It’s not what I’d call “shy”. Good flavor though, not relying on the heat.

Yup. Second time I mixed 1:1 with ketchup. They recommend 4:1 but that’s too weak for me.

Back