St Elmo’s Shrimp Cocktail

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
World famous steak house in Indianapolis for a lot of things but their cocktail sauce is one of them.

You can buy the bottles now, but just a warning it is not for the faint of heart.

ce72a1713c1fcb8b2425527807adb426.jpg

World famous steak house in Indianapolis for a lot of things but their cocktail sauce is one of them.

You can buy the bottles now, but just a warning it is not for the faint of heart.

The horseradish in there is POTENT!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Admin
Oh so spicy, only had in once in person, but so tasty. Was gifted a bottle a couple years back, tried it on a few different proteins, shrimp still the best for it. Pork chop wasn't too bad!

I love spicy things, I'll keep an eye out for it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That looks gooooood. Where’d you get it from @jb?

• Admin
I'm in for some of that.

Mother-in-law brought this back from NY. Best I ever had. Spicy, but sweet!

Mother-in-law brought this back from NY. Best I ever had. Spicy, but sweet!

Had that one many times. Its very good.
Not in the league with the St. Elmos, but still good.

Literally the hottest cocktail sauce I’ve had but well well well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had that one many times. Its very good.
Not in the league with the St. Elmos, but still good.
What makes St. Elmos better?

Its their specific horseradish that has a different intensity that sets it apart on that side and the mix is just spot on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Several years ago, we had a work dinner at St Elmo's in downtown Indy. That was the first and only time I tried their cocktail sauce...one taste of that sauce, and I could almost see through time!! If you love spicy stuff, this is definitely the one!!!

Several years ago, we had a work dinner at St Elmo's in downtown Indy. That was the first and only time I tried their cocktail sauce...one taste of that sauce, and I could almost see through time!! If you love spicy stuff, this is definitely the one!!!

Horseradish burn at least goes away with any other flavor taken. So one sip of fluids and the burn is gone. Crazy part is, the jar brought me right back to eating there.

St.Elmos also has a sister restaurant that they serve this stuff at called Harry & Izzy’s

If it doesn't burn when it comes out, then it's not hot enough.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been buying it for about the last year. I can’t eat another cocktail sauce. Nothing else compares.

oooh, I need to try that. Any cocktail sauce I typically get I'm adding horseradish to get it to my liking. This sounds good.

I found out my local Costco started carrying this right before the holidays. It was fun to see my relatives who came over unknowingly take a big dip with their shrimp (not knowing any better) and freak out because it was so hot. Even diluted with ketchup 4-1 it was like Russian roulette with insane spiciness. One bite would be mild & the next would burn your nostrils and clear your sinuses.

I’m sure the flavor is great but my stomach wouldn’t appreciate me eating something that hot!! Enjoy!

Hard pass

Lot of yes.

But, this is why we make our own. Horseradish galore for me.

I need to see if I can find it locally. We usually make our own cocktail because most just tastes like ketchup.

Back