Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Heck yeah guys! Can’t wait to read the feedback, prepare for MISSILES.

Heck yeah guys! Can’t wait to read the feedback, prepare for MISSILES.

Definitely. The rocket I hit last night is longer than my gamer is capable of. That is not surprising given the smaller weight forward design of the head and the lower spinning shaft attached to it. This club should reward my best swings more than my Steelhead.

Definitely. The rocket I hit last night is longer than my gamer is capable of. That is not surprising given the smaller weight forward design of the head and the lower spinning shaft attached to it. This club should reward my best swings more than my Steelhead.

Nice! I cant wait to put this thing to work Saturday. My playing partners are scratch players so they will be giving it a go as well.

What did you think of the shaft? Thoughts on aesthetics of the head?

Finally some in hand pics of the first shipment. I can't wait to get out and test it. Unfortunately, Minnesota got a lot of snow last night.

56584203_10103323852410560_9066146254949449728_n.jpg57019624_10103323852325730_5628852828102459392_n.jpg57191758_10103323852111160_1640934620994207744_n.jpg57284463_10103323852230920_1868875806772559872_n.jpg

Nice looking club! Surprised there is no sight logo or mark to show the center the clubface, curious if that impacts any of you guys when using it.

Nice looking club! Surprised there is no sight logo or mark to show the center the clubface, curious if that impacts any of you guys when using it.

I have gamed an Exotics before and it didn't bother me at all.

Great pictures and feedback. I’ve getting infatuated with TE. I love the quality and just like brands that aren’t in every bag.
I’ve hit the hybrid and it’s pretty awesome

The last model Srixon drivers were the same way. It didn't bother me at all. In fact, I loved the clean look of no markings on the crown.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have gamed an Exotics before and it didn't bother me at all.

The last model Srixon drivers were the same way. It didn't bother me at all. In fact, I loved the clean look of no markings on the crown.

Nice! I sometimes need a giant arrow saying "LINE UP HERE DUDE!". The clean look does look pretty slick too!

Nice! I sometimes need a giant arrow saying "LINE UP HERE DUDE!". The clean look does look pretty slick too!
Haha... I hear ya.

Nice! I cant wait to put this thing to work Saturday. My playing partners are scratch players so they will be giving it a go as well.

What did you think of the shaft? Thoughts on aesthetics of the head?
I think the combo is great. The small head with low spin profile and the low spin shaft definitely does what it is designed to do.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Got out for 8 holes today. I used this when applicable so I want to share a few setups and then the resulting shot. These are in order of the pictures below.

1st shot is a recreation of my shot of the day on Tuesday. I threaded that needle to the front of the green from this spot. It's a 195 yard shot where I feel comfortable with a 3 wood because I work the ball right to left. Today with the Exotics I just missed towards the toe and left it 20 yards short and near those trees on the right.

The 2nd shot was my best shot with this club on the day. Setting 285 out on a par 5 with the green back and to the right from that opening I smoked it just along the right edge of the trees to about 75 yards out in the fairway.

The 3rd shot I had about 195 to the green strait in front of me. This one I left the face open. I smoked it, but it was blocked well right into the woods about 15 yards short of being pin high.

The 4th ball was from the tee on a 350 yard par 4. I hit that one just a bit low on the face and it went out to about 140 out for a nice 210 yards of total distance off the tee. That one was strait as an arrow.

The final shot was from the tee on a 190 yard par 3. This one I got around on too fast and pulled it even though I hit it hard.

This club is a really nice and well made club. The ball striking is superb with it. I like the feel as well since I could tell exactly what happened with every swing that I took. This club is also a bomber. I dont know if I have ever hit a 3 wood that gets in the air like this club does. Even on off center hits it elevates a ton and just carries and carries.

On a personal note I dont think this would be the club I would be fit into. The Smoke black shaft is stout and this is a low spin head. I noticed compared to my Steelhead that toe shots did not have as much right to left action on them so they hung out to the right more. Basically every shot with this is almost rifle strait off of the clubface for me due to the stiffness of the shaft and less spin from the head design. That means squaring the clubface at impact is imperative. You may guess by my 20ish handicap that is not my strength. That said when square I have hit 2 rocket ships with this club so a more consistant golfer is going to really love what they get out of this club. I am looking forward to getting it out some more. I also have a good friend who I will be playing with in Atlanta in a couple of weeks who I think would really fit this club so I will have him hit some shots with it and share his thoughts as well.
99dfc32a762101d1e8d32940f493c958.jpg
46b4d78a367c1f112f3358d884ab3747.jpg
41fc304fb090a6fb133f62627d3ddc63.jpg
505a7648550f84172cf13bc4ba416a06.jpg
5cb9df4b35ccfb62e20932bd7905280d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Some really good stuff in here so far. This is one of the lowest spinning FW woods I have ever hit.

Some really good stuff in here so far. This is one of the lowest spinning FW woods I have ever hit.

I agree. The 2 I have caught flush and square were absolutely crushed. One of the shots I hit off the tee on Wednesday evening had the look of a well struck drive for me. I did not measure but I am thinking it was around 225 or so which would be about 15 yards further than I have ever hit my Steelhead. When I felt it and looked up I knew it was crushed.

Question for you guys that are testing this 3 wood for Tour Edge, and even those who have just bought it outright.

With it's low spin characteristics, would you say that if you were to hold a green with it would it have to land short and run up? I'm not sure how much lower spinning it is. I know the 3 wood is really a different club for different players. For those that mainly use it off the tee, a low spinning bomber is perfect. For those hoping to hit and hold a green on a long par 4 or get home in two on a par 5, super low spin might be tough to control. Is it launching in a similar window as your previous 3 wood?

Are you guys using this primarily off the tee? Do you use it off the deck a lot? Are you finding that you're not much shorter with it than your driver.

Personally, as someone who mainly uses their 3 wood as an alternative to driver on some holes, the low spin fast ball speed characteristics are intriguing. The titanium face should hold up better than the steel counterparts from other OEM's theoretically.

I'm also curious on the face weld. I played a CBX 3h for a short spell last year up until the weld failed and the face caved in. I remember when I looked closely, I could see the ridge if the face weld. I think a cup face could really be the ticket with a design like this. I'm also peeling back and planning on reading more on the specs and press releases. Just curious on your thoughts.

Edit: after reading the THP article and seeing the pics, I see the fairway does indeed use a cup face. Not sure on the hybrid. But it puts that one concern to rest for me. Can disregard that last paragraph :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Question for you guys that are testing this 3 wood for Tour Edge, and even those who have just bought it outright.

With it's low spin characteristics, would you say that if you were to hold a green with it would it have to land short and run up? I'm not sure how much lower spinning it is. I know the 3 wood is really a different club for different players. For those that mainly use it off the tee, a low spinning bomber is perfect. For those hoping to hit and hold a green on a long par 4 or get home in two on a par 5, super low spin might be tough to control. Is it launching in a similar window as your previous 3 wood?

Are you guys using this primarily off the tee? Do you use it off the deck a lot? Are you finding that you're not much shorter with it than your driver.

Personally, as someone who mainly uses their 3 wood as an alternative to driver on some holes, the low spin fast ball speed characteristics are intriguing. The titanium face should hold up better than the steel counterparts from other OEM's theoretically.

I'm also curious on the face weld. I played a CBX 3h for a short spell last year up until the weld failed and the face caved in. I remember when I looked closely, I could see the ridge if the face weld. I think a cup face could really be the ticket with a design like this. I'm also peeling back and planning on reading more on the specs and press releases. Just curious on your thoughts.

Edit: after reading the THP article and seeing the pics, I see the fairway does indeed use a cup face. Not sure on the hybrid. But it puts that one concern to rest for me. Can disregard that last paragraph :)

With the deep face this one definitely is definitely a fantastic driver replacement option off the tee. That said I am not seeing any concern on height. I think the Y shaped silver turf interaction feature on the bottom not only improves turf interaction but also lowers the COG a hair. Honestly at 15 degrees getting it in the air is not a problem. I think that is why I can hit it almost as far as my driver. The club is not difficult for me to hit off the ground and get launch either. I cannot imagine at a 3.5 cap you would have a problem launching this from the fairway.

As for holding a green if the ball landed on the green, I don't know. The advantage with this club over a different model would probably not be that it sticks as well from the same distance as the other 3 wood does, but that maybe you can add 10-15 yards to the distance where you have a shot at getting on the green from. In my case I dont think from 190 this club would stick like my Steelhead would, but I know that there is no way I can reach a green from more than like 205 with my Steelhead. With this club I might have a shot from 215 or 220 so that is the advantage this design gives a golfer.

With the deep face this one definitely is definitely a fantastic driver replacement option off the tee. That said I am not seeing any concern on height. I think the Y shaped silver turf interaction feature on the bottom not only improves turf interaction but also lowers the COG a hair. Honestly at 15 degrees getting it in the air is not a problem. I think that is why I can hit it almost as far as my driver. The club is not difficult for me to hit off the ground and get launch either. I cannot imagine at a 3.5 cap you would have a problem launching this from the fairway.

As for holding a green if the ball landed on the green, I don't know. The advantage with this club over a different model would probably not be that it sticks as well from the same distance as the other 3 wood does, but that maybe you can add 10-15 yards to the distance where you have a shot at getting on the green from. In my case I dont think from 190 this club would stick like my Steelhead would, but I know that there is no way I can reach a green from more than like 205 with my Steelhead. With this club I might have a shot from 215 or 220 so that is the advantage this design gives a golfer.
Thanks. In all reality, hitting a green with a 3 wood is pretty difficult. I'm just more or less curious about the possibility and to see what your experiences were in that regard. Not too often that I attack a green with a 3 wood.

Interesting. How was it for you launch wise?

Got my package today! What was in the box is a CBX119 3w in 16.5*, with a 60g hzrdus smoke 6.0 shaft. Already checked the swingweight and it's right around where I like it, D2.5.

First impression... I really like the way it looks. The all black head and shaft just looks mean as hell. I have a skins match tomorrow, and on this course, I usually hit my 3w atleast 5-7 times off the tee. I'll be throwing this thing right in to battle if the range session before the round goes well. Full disclosure on that... I'm a little concerned about the weight and flex of the shaft. It's about 20g lighter and atleast a flex weaker than what I'm used to, but I'm gonna give it a go fo sho! Who knows... might turn out to be a better fit.
7efa5091293d3453349d8b64e905dd84.jpg
9f860d6a38da32a84ca9b2cc08263e64.jpg
94e0798c6c4798ac66e86ee04ac05133.jpg
5b224779986360017863f6c6991ca46b.jpg
e4da7a7e03f12011837d98135610ed37.jpg
a5006e9a84d77a7dbd9f78ab0c77930f.jpg

I took the CBX 119 for a spin on the launch monitor and it has some pop to it!
Three shots finished over 270 from off of the ground. No 3 wood tee was available.

More details will come in the morning but the first test was positive.

Three shots finished over 270 from off of the ground. No 3 wood tee was available.

Nice! I can't wait to hit some on the range tomorrow.

The first test: Tour Edge CBX 119 Fairway 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 60g
Looks: At address it looks very square. As someone that has had the snap hooks in my history, it is nice not to look down and see a shut face. The black crown and black shaft are a great combination. There is no alignment aid on the top. I don’t think one is necessary, but it is always nice to have.

Feel/Sound: The sound is louder than my Callaway Epic SZ fairway. It has higher pitched sound compared to the more muted Epic SZ. It feels very solid on all strikes.

Performance: The numbers are below and these are all off of the mat as there were no fairway wood tees available. I plan on going back and testing it with the proper tees. I was really surprised that I had 3 go over 270 yards off the deck. I hope If I can get that type of performance off the tee, I think this club will be a weapon.

Shaft: When I saw that it was a 60g shaft I was concerned that it might feel light but, I didn’t feel light in any way.

Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 The little things add up when you are buying a golf club. It is a quality grip that doesn’t have to be replaced as it is my preference.

I see this club being used mainly off the tee as I don’t have a lot of 250+ yard second shots. With it mainly being a tee club, the deeper face is a bonus.

Thank you to THP and Tour Edge for giving me this opportunity!
Capture.PNG

That, is deep.

Not shocked at what I’m reading in here though as the OG CBX basically gives me driver spin numbers.

These are weapons off the tee.

The first test: Tour Edge CBX 119 Fairway 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke 6.5 60g
Looks: At address it looks very square. As someone that has had the snap hooks in my history, it is nice not to look down and see a shut face. The black crown and black shaft are a great combination. There is no alignment aid on the top. I don’t think one is necessary, but it is always nice to have.

Feel/Sound: The sound is louder than my Callaway Epic SZ fairway. It has higher pitched sound compared to the more muted Epic SZ. It feels very solid on all strikes.

Performance: The numbers are below and these are all off of the mat as there were no fairway wood tees available. I plan on going back and testing it with the proper tees. I was really surprised that I had 3 go over 270 yards off the deck. I hope If I can get that type of performance off the tee, I think this club will be a weapon.

Shaft: When I saw that it was a 60g shaft I was concerned that it might feel light but, I didn’t feel light in any way.

Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 The little things add up when you are buying a golf club. It is a quality grip that doesn’t have to be replaced as it is my preference.

I see this club being used mainly off the tee as I don’t have a lot of 250+ yard second shots. With it mainly being a tee club, the deeper face is a bonus.

Thank you to THP and Tour Edge for giving me this opportunity!
View attachment 38725

Great stuff so far. Love the TEEm Tour Edge idea GG came up with.

Looking forward to continued feedback.

Back