2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Cant wait to try these.

Excellent writeup. Going very thin on the cover seems like a risk; hope SeRM works better than it sounds.

Sounds like the Z Star would be an outstanding ball for my game. Will hopefully try these out at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These have been the balls I’ve used for years now. Can’t wait to try the new version!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So the compression of the XV is 102 and the reg Z Star is at 90. I believe the previous gen Z Star was 88 compression so it’s gotten slightly firmer. I cannot remember what the compression of the previous XV was but I was thinking 105.

So the compression of the XV is 102 and the reg Z Star is at 90. I believe the previous gen Z Star was 88 compression so it’s gotten slightly firmer. I cannot remember what the compression of the previous XV was but I was thinking 105.

Yep, just looked it up and the XV is slightly softer on this generation of balls. Down to 102 from 105.

First, love that price. Well done Srixon.

Second, SeRM is a horrible term.

Third, I want to hit them, and honestly, I’m very much considering moving my HS team to srixon goof balls this year.

First, love that price. Well done Srixon.

Second, SeRM is a horrible term.

Third, I want to hit them, and honestly, I’m very much considering moving my HS team to srixon goof balls this year.

I hope your high school team won’t be hitting Srixon goof balls ;)

I hope your high school team won’t be hitting Srixon goof balls ;)

We are the island of misfit toys to the other sports in school, so you’ve no idea how correct it is.

Have been looking forward to this announcement and I’m not disappointed. Lots to unpack here and I’m sure we will have lots of great feedback here. Can’t wait to try them.

I like what I read, looking forward to put the new Zstar in play

Put these in play and came away impressed. I did sheer a bit of the cover off on my first wedge swing of the day, but didn't have any issues other than that.

Put these in play and came away impressed. I did sheer a bit of the cover off on my first wedge swing of the day, but didn't have any issues other than that.

Does it feel like a departure from the prior ball or more of an advancement and improvement ?

Does it feel like a departure from the prior ball or more of an advancement and improvement ?

Honestly, its hard to say because I didnt get to put them side by side. I used the Z-STAR and felt as though it flew lower than what I have played previously, at least initially.

2019 Srixon Z-STAR and Z-STAR XV Golf Balls

Honestly, its hard to say because I didnt get to put them side by side. I used the Z-STAR and felt as though it flew lower than what I have played previously, at least initially.

I found the 17 ball to be probably the most consistent for me of all the tour level balls. It was maybe 5 yards shorter for me than CS and TP5, but I always felt like I was closer to my intended target with them. I’m really stoked to see the talk of an increase in ballspeed, but I hope the consistency is still there. I’m assuming it is.

Would you say lower flight on all clubs in general or irons more so than woods? Woods more than irons?

Really looking forward to trying the new Z-Star this season.

Would you say lower flight on all clubs in general or irons more so than woods? Woods more than irons?

Ya know that is a good question. I was playing irons that also flatten out the initial launch so probably too soon for me to say. Off the tee it was noticeable for me. Distance was not impacted, in fact it was quite good, but it started on a bit of a flatter trajectory before getting up.

The Z-star has always been a great performing ball for me and I love that price! I will give these a try soon!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ya know that is a good question. I was playing irons that also flatten out the initial launch so probably too soon for me to say. Off the tee it was noticeable for me. Distance was not impacted, in fact it was quite good, but it started on a bit of a flatter trajectory before getting up.

This is good to hear from a personal perspective. Thanks for the feedback JB.

I think I’ll definitely be picking up a few dozen of these, probably a dozen of each to see which I like better to start out. Swing speed recs says I should go XV, but we shall see. I’m also looking forward to trying out that cover to!

I think I’ll definitely be picking up a few dozen of these, probably a dozen of each to see which I like better to start out. Swing speed recs says I should go XV, but we shall see. I’m also looking forward to trying out that cover to!

I’m sure Noelle will be hooking you up soon.

The Z Star has always been a solid performer for me. Sounds like this generation is definitely a must try.

I’m sure Noelle will be hooking you up soon.

Haha! I’m sure that will happen eventually, but I gotta get a feel for them before Vegas.

Have always liked the z-star ball. I tried an xv once and thought it was hard as a rock but I purchased a dozen from Budget Golf during the holidays anyways. Will be interesting to see the differences compared to this new version. They couldn't come up with anything better than SeRM?

Back