How Guys Here Are Avid Bird Hunters (quail, dove, duck, pheasant, etc)

CobraForever

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious to know how many members are bird hunters and where you
hunt

aside from golf it would be hunting

aside from golf it would be hunting

I really enjoy bird hunting when not golfing

I like to shoot ducks...on Nintendo

I grew up hunting everything from rabbits to deer in Wisconsin. We would go out for a couple hours after school almost every fall day when I was a teenager.

I became an avid duck/pheasant/grouse hunter when I started college and spent at least 30 days every fall bird hunting all through my 20's. I now still hunt maybe 15 days a year in California but the hunting here is not as good and very expensive. You have to go to a hunting club or be a large land owner if want to be guaranteed to shoot a pheasant.

When I retire in a few years I will be bird hunting more again with at least one duck hunting trip every year to Saskatchewan. My two college hunting buddies whose kids are grown started going up there for ducks and geese about 5 years ago and get their limits every day.

I have a place in NE Arkansas and our duck hunting is terrific.....

When I lived in the UK I was a member of a Game Shooting Syndicate in Scotland. We'd shoot every other Saturday from the start of the season until January then every Saturday until the end of the season. This was weather dependent to give the birds a chance to feed. Each year we would put down so many new birds then feed them to get them use to where to find food.

We'd split in to two teams for each drive, one team beating / flushing the birds and the other team on the pegs waiting for them to fly over. I grew up as a teenager beating on my Step-Dad's shoot so it was a natural progression for me.

If I could find good deals online I'd book odd days here and there at more formal shoots. Basically all you did was turn up get driven round different stands and wait for the beaters and dogs to flush the birds. Finish the drive then move onto the next one. Shooting is the only thing I miss about not living in the UK anymore.

When I was a teenager I loved pheasant hunting with my grandfather. Have not gone in many years. Now clay pidgons every once in awhile is all. Some pistol and small caliber rifle target shooting also

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

North Central KS here. I'll hunt anything that's in season

This is my custom signature

Mostly ducks and geese. One week self guided up in Canada with my dad and a regular group of guys, and 2nd trip with the group to Maryland's Eastern Shore.

I enjoy shooting dove, quail, ducks, geese and pheasants. Mostly I just enjoy working the dog.

Getting ready for the dove opener in a couple weeks. New laws in CA state that I will be shooting steel for the first time. Haven't been able to hunt the last couple years so I am looking forward to September 1st!

Back