Scotty Cameron Fastback 2 and Squareback 1.5 Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Two new additions to the Select line of putters. Hitting stores 2/15 with a price of $399

Select Fastback 2
Following the introduction of the 2018 Select Fastback model on the worldwide professional golf tours, players immediately asked Scotty for one option – a plumbing neck. The familiar, confidence-inspiring setup, which provides one shaft of offset, has been incorporated into this rounded mid-mallet. In addition to the new neck, subtle refinements have been made to the topline for a slightly thinner look, as well as a reduction of face height.

Select Squareback 1.5
Scotty’s new Squareback 1.5 incorporates a new mini-slant neck that further squares off the overall shape and look at address for the player seeking clean, distinct visual cues. Additionally, the draft angle has been updated to accommodate the new neck, which also produces slightly more toe flow than its mid-bend counterpart, the Select Squareback. Similar to the Fastback 2, Scotty shaved some topline thickness for a thinner appearance from address, and reduced the overall face height.

Both models adopt the Select line’s tour-proven multi-material construction with a precision milled, MOI-enhancing 6061 aircraft aluminum face-sole component expertly designed into the 303 stainless steel putter head.

2018select_fastback2_specsa.jpg

2018select_squareback15_specsa.jpg

Need topline pics, but both look like nice additions

• Admin
86e827878ce93dfcfb4cb52225584203.jpg

9b60dd3a344e462041343b4dbdfeb0e9.jpg

811034d49898c966cef526c836769568.jpg

543d6824f0a55415908b1ee1066aceeb.jpg

Some familiar heads from past releases, which is good.

I thought the elongated flange profiles were quite popular with Scotty. I've seen a bunch of them around my home course, usually back from the select days.

I actually really like both of those. Do kind of miss the other line on the Fastback 2 though, I liked the + look for alignment purposes

The 1.5 fits my eye quite well from the pictures.

I actually really like both of those. Do kind of miss the other line on the Fastback 2 though, I liked the + look for alignment purposes

I thought it was super gimmicky. Funny how our brains work haha

I thought it was super gimmicky. Funny how our brains work haha

It is and it does look a little strange but it worked. I rolled the heck out that putter on the practice green but I couldn't get past the rivets in the red circles on the back, so I went to the Newport 2 haha makes total sense.

Big fan of the square back 1.5, sets up so nice to my eye.

Fastback 2 looks more like a putter I would game. I always seem to get along better with plumbers neck putters.

1.5 for me please

oh yes I like that 1.5

The Squareback looks pretty good but something about that insert hasn't done much for me. That 1.5 is a nice shape to line up though.

Liking the 1.5 as well, jt I'd still 3 putt with it lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I really like the Squareback, if I ever went to a Cameron that would definitely be the one I went with.

Sticking with what he knows with these, smart, because those new mallets comin are effing bad.

No more "+" alignment? Maybe that changed previously and I just didn't realize.

Do enjoy the Squareback and would easily have another one one day. Nice additions IMO.

I've got an older model squareback. I absolutely love that putter. These new models look pretty sweet!

Love that he added a plumbers neck. I may have to have another Scotty now.

Are these 2 the only changes to the Select line up?

Maybe it's just me or the camera angle, but the top lines look thick a tad bit too much for me. Other than that they look good.

The 1.5 looks nice. Love the square back look.

Fastback 2 pre-ordered. Should have it by this coming Friday!

Back