Ho-Sung Choi gets exemption to Pebble Beach Pro-Am

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
This is easily in the top 3 of monday news ever :)

I love this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can someone paste the story in here? no luck on my work computer (chrome and IE)

can someone paste the story in here? no luck on my work computer (chrome and IE)

the pertinent details:

Golfer Choi Ho-sung, whose signature "fisherman's swing" has seen him grab the spotlight of the golfing world, has been invited to the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Arm on the PGA Tour next month.

"I never imagined this day would come," Choi said on Sunday. "I took up golf at the age of 25, after a hard life. I'm fully aware that none of this would be possible without the love and support of my fans. I will of course do my best, wherever I go."

Ranked 198th in the world, and without a card to play on the PGA, he received a sponsor's exemption to take part in the event.

This is awesome, looking forward to watching.

so if he wins..... he would get a card for the rest of the year or two right?

2 year exemption on Tour and trip to the Masters.

If there are any type of golfing gods, this will happen.....

Oh man I'd love to follow him around but he's going to have a HUGE following. Perfect venue for him to attend too.

Oh man I'd love to follow him around but he's going to have a HUGE following. Perfect venue for him to attend too.

He might not though... besides super golf nerds I feel like not many of the spectators will know who he is right? Unless he gets paired up with a somewhat popular AM

It’d be worth a chance to follow him haha

This makes me so happy! He is my spirit animal.

He might not though... besides super golf nerds I feel like not many of the spectators will know who he is right? Unless he gets paired up with a somewhat popular AM

It’d be worth a chance to follow him haha

I'd throw him with Bill Murray and just watch the course erupt

Looks like AT&T beat Waste Management to the punch. Hopefully he gets a sponsors invite to Phoenix as well. The 16th hole would love him forever.

Is it time for this guy to have his own thread yet? Spent some time on top of the leaderboard yesterday and finished with a respectable 69.

I watched this golf last night at the Singapore Open. He's a stitch and 1 point winning the tournament.
It's like watching Ball Player flinging their bats when they hit home run, except with Choi, it's every swing.

Sorry, I just don't get the fascination, but that's me i guess. I am sure he is getting an exception for the style points alone, trying to sell tickets.

Sorry, I just don't get the fascination, but that's me i guess. I am sure he is getting an exception for the style points alone, trying to sell tickets.
I think it's a combination of things I think. The swing, obviously. That's the draw but he's also very animated on putts, showing emotion on pretty much every shot. It's different from what we're used to on tour. Add that to the fact that the guy first picked up golf at 25 and it's a damn near miracle that he is somehow making a living at this. Shoot, I'd wager he picked up his first club at a later age than half the people on this forum. It's a pretty cool story and you know the tour will be rooting for him to do well. Ticket seller for sure, as you said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Chi Chi Rodriguez 2.0 ?

Back