Buying items on global rakuten

rallo

#FYF
Reaction score
Handicap
goodenough
Who has done this before, and what kind of exchange rates/extra fees did you incur? I'm looking to get a putter from the Japanese market, but wonder if the fees/hassle of converting to yen would be worth it. What has been your experience?

I bought a putter from there last year. The weaker Yen meant that I got a very good deal on it. Shipping is on the cheaper side for me as well compared to ebay. Overall one of the best experienced buying golf clubs online for me. Now I'm eyeing on a set of irons from there.

Paging Kang, paging Kang...

Never heard of it but it sounds interesting, must do some research. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Who has done this before, and what kind of exchange rates/extra fees did you incur? I'm looking to get a putter from the Japanese market, but wonder if the fees/hassle of converting to yen would be worth it. What has been your experience?

I didn't have any extra fees. I bought from Greenfil twice. Perfect transaction and faster shipping than some American companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buying items on global rakuten

Paging Kang, paging Kang...

Kang turned me on to Greenfil. That is one of his stores too.

I bought a putter from there last year. The weaker Yen meant that I got a very good deal on it. Shipping is on the cheaper side for me as well compared to ebay. Overall one of the best experienced buying golf clubs online for me. Now I'm eyeing on a set of irons from there.

Me too. The two times I bought I saved a lot.

Did it automatically convert to the correct currency for you? Did you have to pay an exchange fee etc.?

Also, thanks for the quick response guys!

No change fee. The quote was what I paid. Communication was excellent

I've ordered once from atomic golf on there and have no complaints. The confirmation emails will be mostly Japanese, but it's easy enough to figure out. Like WCBM said the EMS shipping is faster than some US based stores.

Does anyone have a current Rakuten coupon they're not going to use? I got an email a while back for one and deleted it and can't find it now.

Usually when the exchange rate is good you can get good deals. Rakuten is like ebay, a site where individual sellers get to sell to a mass audience. Definitely greenfil, g-zone, and atomic golf are good sellers. There may be others but I'm sure there are bad ones as well

I've purchased from Atomic and paid no extra fees. Simple transaction and solid deal from what I recall.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out here for coupons. Greenfil has really good prices on srixon 745 sets right now.

Ponder mode engaged.

No exchange fees and Atomic Golf or Grenfil are your sellers to buy from.

Just placed an order for a set of Z545 thru Rakuten. Easily saved USD 200 on them compared our local shops.

I'm going to have to keep an eye out here for coupons. Greenfil has really good prices on srixon 745 sets right now.

Ponder mode engaged.

Do it!!

Just placed an order for a set of Z545 thru Rakuten. Easily saved USD 200 on them compared our local shops.

Congrats! And they will be to your exact specs. Enjoy!

$200, that's a lot. Got to try these guys!

this has peaked my interest.....time to fill the bank account

Did it... atomic golf will be sending me a bettinardi jam wide F... and I won't have to pay what these jokers on ebay are asking. Thanks for the info guys!

Just did some browsing, and they have some really cool Callaway polos on here. The stuff that a couple of the Asian players wear on tour, wild prints that they are not selling in the U.S. at least not to my knowledge.

Just did some browsing, and they have some really cool Callaway polos on here. The stuff that a couple of the Asian players wear on tour, wild prints that they are not selling in the U.S. at least not to my knowledge.
I'll buy you a round of golf if you wear one of those golfing...

I've bought some really cool Srixon hats and visors from Greenfil.

I'll buy you a round of golf if you wear one of those golfing...

Erin Hills? I'll order tonight!!!

Back