Kuchar Continues Tour B Hot Streak

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't normally put out win press releases, but its a pretty interesting story.
The Tour B has won 7 times in the last 15 events on the PGA Tour.

That's quite the win percentage. Might need to ponder making the switch back to Bridgestone balls.

@JB - do you have any data from Bridgestone showing a sales spike in relation to the wins?

• Admin
That's quite the win percentage. Might need to ponder making the switch back to Bridgestone balls.

@JB - do you have any data from Bridgestone showing a sales spike in relation to the wins?

I do not. There have been so many changes there in the last 6 months (mostly for the positive) that it would be hard to quantify.

This has to be a good ammunition for the new leadership there, hopefully they'll pick up several more throughout the year.

Question- Sneds still rolling a Tour B?

At almost 50% win rate that's pretty darn good, I know the marketing/advertising we hear about the ball war get's confusion, but stats like these in terms of the winner is an interesting perspective.

It's a dang good ball. But that is an impressive stat.

Tour B is obviously good at golf.

That is seriously impressive considering their small stable of tour players compared to all other OEM’s combined. I’m sure it will even out, but the hot streak they’re on currently is impressive nonetheless.

yeah but like half of those are bryson

What are your thoughts on Bryson? Do you think he is a guy that can win 2 or 3 events every year or do you think he is a guy that will end up with 10-11 lifetime wins and just got hot at the end of last year? I kind of feel that maybe we have seen the best he can be. I kind of feel like this about Koepka too. He is a great player, but I think it's just as likely that he wins no more majors as it is that he wins 3 more.

That is impressive bridgestone has really stepped up their game I've played some Tour B balls great feel especially off the putter

I knew it had been a lot but didn't realize the win % was that high. Very impressive and am glad to see it for the company.

Someone should let Bridgestone PR know cause if I were them Id be tweeting about it

Not bad for a ball that got killed for changing it up a bit

Not bad for a ball that got killed for changing it up a bit

True. Although I think a lot of that has to do with how it was rolled out as much as the ball haha. That was odd to say the least.

True. Although I think a lot of that has to do with how it was rolled out as much as the ball haha. That was odd to say the least.

Every change they make is odd because they don’t talk about it or explain it

Which is why they made changes in leadership.

I believe that is going to change very soon, but I do still believe their digital/social could use some assistance at least with info.

Should be a big year for them! They make excellent product!

That is the only balls I have for the last 3-4 years B330 B330s now the new ones.......

Off topic, but is Matt the only staffer that games the driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to give these ball a try.

What are your thoughts on Bryson? Do you think he is a guy that can win 2 or 3 events every year or do you think he is a guy that will end up with 10-11 lifetime wins and just got hot at the end of last year? I kind of feel that maybe we have seen the best he can be. I kind of feel like this about Koepka too. He is a great player, but I think it's just as likely that he wins no more majors as it is that he wins 3 more.

As far as the B-Tour, Bryson will always advertise well because he wins, and he claims he wins not because of some innate, ineffable talent but because he (claims he) analyses the courses and his equipment to determine the best outcome. It makes him seem less talented than he is. Given his swing, Bryson is plainly an exceptional pile of controlled fast-twitch muscle. But you don't need to know he won the genetic lottery...just trust the he's scientifically figured out golf based on the equipment he puts in his bag. It's actually a great hook, all things being equal.

Off topic, but is Matt the only staffer that games the driver?

I believe he is the only player they have a club deal with.

Back