2016 #TheCup Sponsored By Callaway Golf

Congrats to all you guys that got in.

Congrats guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow up this morning with this on my mind. Still can't believe I made it in. I'm super stoked, please have pity on my wife as she's going to hear about this a lot over the next 3ish months, and some more for probably 6 or 7 months or longer after the event. Hahahahahahahahaha.

How is prep going for team#?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I feel the same way man.
Alarm went off @ 430am this morning for my daily workout.
Thought about skipping it and then was all.....what am I thinking, I need to be ready for Myrtle.

As for prep, I play every Friday night with my 9 year old and one of my buddies and his son. I already told him that it's match play every week for us....lol.
Since spring as sprung around here now, I should be getting a 2nd round in most weekends with my normal playing crew so I'm hoping to be in good form come July.

Congrats guys. What an event this well be.

Congrats to all those selected! You're going to have a fantastic time. Those courses are special, and they are super welcoming to THPers.

Congrats everyone. 441's got this one.

I really love hearing the enthusiam of the guys who will be going to their first official THP Event. Reminds me exactly how I felt when i got into and went to my first event a couple years ago. And what a fantastic event you guys get to experience at one of the best resorts in the US!!

PTO is in at work.
The boss at home seemed moar enthusiastic about this when there was just a 'possibility' I'd get in. Was less than thrilled when I told her I got the call and she realized she'd be home alone with the kiddos for a long weekend. I told her I was hanging up and calling my friends cause they'd be happy for me...lol. And they were.

Congrats to everyone selected, especially those who made MDs team, you guys are going to bring home the win!

It still hasn't completely sunk in that I made it in, I was wound up all night. First round, post selection will be today, looking forward to putting in the work and help #Team441 bring home the swag!

Congrats again to both squads, two great looking teams, Sorry Chad but #Team441 is taking #TheCup!!!

Any recommendations for airport to fly in? Flying directly to Myrtle Beach is astronomical in cost from Montana. I expect I will have better luck flying to a regional airport and driving a few hours. Thanks!

Any recommendations for airport to fly in? Flying directly to Myrtle Beach is astronomical in cost from Montana. I expect I will have better luck flying to a regional airport and driving a few hours. Thanks!

Charleston is about 1.5-2 hours from Murrells Inlet and Charlotte is probably closer to 4.
Dunno if there's any others within a reasonable driving distance.

I was thinking something along these lines. Ryan, maybe we can tie him to the luggage rack?

Thinking that might work.

this will depend on if my wife continues to hound me about taking her and the kids along and putting them up somewhere so they can go to the beach while I am out playing. I told her, as long as she understands I am 100% focused on winning #TheCup and not paying attention to her or the kids, I would consider it. She said she was cool with that.

I did check that Spirit Air has cheap roundtrip tickets at $137 direct to Myrtle though, if you stay an extra couple days, otherwise it is just a bit more. Trying to decide if 22hrs round trip on the road is better than the money spent.....

Thinking that might work.

this will depend on if my wife continues to hound me about taking her and the kids along and putting them up somewhere so they can go to the beach while I am out playing. I told her, as long as she understands I am 100% focused on winning #TheCup and not paying attention to her or the kids, I would consider it. She said she was cool with that.

I did check that Spirit Air has cheap roundtrip tickets at $137 direct to Myrtle though, if you stay an extra couple days, otherwise it is just a bit more. Trying to decide if 22hrs round trip on the road is better than the money spent.....

Don't forget gas.... And 22 hours in the car with the kids......

Don't forget gas.... And 22 hours in the car with the kids......

exactly, although 2 teenagers are usually glued to their phones or ipads. I will work out the details and book my room and such shortly, I am a planner and want that part out of the way so I can focus on Practicing.

Possibly a bit premature, but anyone know the going rate for villas at True Blue?

I would check Charlotte, Raleigh, and Wilmington. I'm not familiar with the SC airports so don't know how far they are from Myrtle

I am in a very happy mood today :bananadance:. We've got crap hitting the fan at work but even that can't wipe the smile off my face.

Patience fellas ill help you guys with the lodging and extra stuff just let me get back from club clash

Patience fellas ill help you guys with the lodging and extra stuff just let me get back from club clash

What a guy...helping out the winning team :drinks:

Congrats to both squads. You're gonna have a blast!

Played 18 yesterday and had #TheCup on my mind the whole round. I know the short game is going to be the difference between winning and losing so I focused my chip shots and bunker play. I felt like I'm making progress in that area, I want to have it dialed in by July.

Back