NorCal Crew hangout thread

Lots of progress during my bucket at the range today. I was having serious tempo/weight shift issues over the last few weeks. Well I determined my weight was way too forward and on my toes. This was causing me to come up short on the weight shift as well as topping the ball, just no consistency.

balanced the weight to the middle of my feet and concentrated on the back to front shift and I was hitting the ball much better. More practice tomorrow! This looks promising as I write this but we all know it can change while I sleep tonight, lol.

Last edited:
Hitting the range after work today, still working on ball striking and not rocking forward before I swing. Going to spend a lot of time chipping also that way I can justify my insane want for Miura wedges.

I would definitely enjoy that, Lincoln hills and turkey creek are the only ones close to Sac that I've played, and im pretty sure I like everyone else love me some Turkey Creek. I actually love it so much I got married there :bashful:

yep I'll play Turkey with ya.

Afternoon Nor Cal crowd. Was at Haggin's range today. Consider it my "home course" although 99% of my time there is spent on the range. Titleist was out there doing a seminar of some sort. Other than that, range was pretty open on the far side.

I worked on pretty much an entire swing revamp. I had a hand injury that sidelined me for a few months and when I came back it was worse than when I initially started. First was getting my weight left and my hips rotated. It sort of helped but I was pushing the ball right, straight, but right. After scrutinizing my set up I found that my toes were pointing back (right) a touch, basically rotating me away from the ball. So I moved my toes forward (left) and it really helped my rotation/ability to shift weight left.

My swing still felt clunky/jerky with no smoothness at all. I decided to try a looser grip as maybe I was too tight. That's when good things happened. My swing became much smoother and I could feel the club "settle" at the top of the backswing instead of an abrupt stop, if that makes sense. It also felt like I was actually creating some lag and could feel the wrist hinging everyone talks about. It was really an epiphany and had me grinning instead of wanting to throw my clubs. When I had it all grooving my shots were nice and straight with a touch more distance to boot.

I also used to end up with hand cramps, probably from gripping way too tight, but nothing at all today. I am hoping maybe I have found something good with my swing and didn't have have one of those lucky days.

What's up Rob! Looks like I may need to visit Mom in Grass Valley so I can meet up with some of the Sac area crew :D

What's up Rob! Looks like I may need to visit Mom in Grass Valley so I can meet up with some of the Sac area crew :D
Not Rob, but it sounds like a great idea.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Not Rob, but it sounds like a great idea.

DufferRob isn't Rob? I'm so confused, haha!

I do plan on getting up that way to play sometime this year though!

Game has been out of sorts, but starting to come around. Like Tahoebum work has been dominating life and no doubt has impacted my game in more ways than one. Regardless, got to put in the work to get back to where I know I can (and have) been.

In celebrating 30 years being open, Poppy Hills is having a great deal all April long.

Play before 8 am Monday-Friday for $40 (no cart)
Play after 3 pm Monday-Friday for $30 (Cart is only $15)

I think I am going to have to make a visit down!

In celebrating 30 years being open, Poppy Hills is having a great deal all April long.

Yeah I saw that today. I suspect they're going to be crazy busy this month!

If I was you, I'd be there all the time!

I'll be at Bayonet and Black Horse all the time! $78.54 a month for unlimited golf. Perks of this military thing :wink:

I'll be at Bayonet and Black Horse all the time! $78.54 a month for unlimited golf. Perks of this military thing :wink:

Well deserved my friend, well deserved.

Well deserved my friend, well deserved.

Mark_UK is talking about playing Poppy and I'll join him depending on when he does! Let me know what days/times you're thinking about and we can group up!

Would anyone be interested in playing on a Friday if we could get one of the first tee times after 3pm. We would probably have enough time to finish and I would be willing to come over. I could do a have half day at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many Sacramento area THPers are lurking here?

Would anyone be interested in playing on a Friday if we could get one of the first tee times after 3pm. We would probably have enough time to finish and I would be willing to come over. I could do a have half day at work.

I am interested in doing this. I could either take a half day or take the day off.

You might want to check the ariation schedule. I thought they were doing the greens after Easter.
Glad to hear that they treat you well. After all, those were Ft. Ord's courses.
How many Sacramento area THPers are lurking here?
Hopefully a few of us.

You might want to check the ariation schedule. I thought they were doing the greens after Easter.

You are right! Thanks for reminding me.

Went to the range yesterday and I was actually hitting my irons very flush, hopefully my lessons are paying off. Still can't get my driver down right it just feels plain awkward in my hands. Going to play Yocha Dehe tomorrow with a good friend, literally my favorite course supposed to be #1 public course in CA but I'm sure most of you guys have played it a few times. But here's a pic I took at #1 Tee a month ago definitely a gorgeous place.

09d42f71b46db37d4f1e4c6ccb3220ce.jpg

If you wanted to do this at Haggin Oaks I would be in. I could work 5-6 hours and then head up and only take a half day off.

I could do that. I would even come up on a weekend day. I kind of jumped on for Poppy Hills because that is a good deal. Especially maybe the 22nd of April as the aeration shouldn't be too much of an issue by then.

I could do that. I would even come up on a weekend day. I kind of jumped on for Poppy Hills because that is a good deal. Especially maybe the 22nd of April as the aeration shouldn't be too much of an issue by then.

I like that date, we should lock it in soon. Hopefully Josh and Mark can make it as well.

I like that date, we should lock it in soon. Hopefully Josh and Mark can make it as well.

If only one of those 2 can make that date I think I could fill out a 4th. I really want to get back to Poppy and get some revenge as my swing was trash last time.

Back