Shaft guru's - need some help! Aldila Rogue Max 65-S vs Fubuki White ZT 60-S x 5ct

lil'mike

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
coffee
Hey all,

I am looking at trying out one of these shafts with a lower spin driver head to help lower my driver spin (around 3400 or so) but also trying to maintain a decent trajectory height. So I guess I am asking if one will produce a better ball flight than the other or if one may cause you to hit the ball fairly low?

They both weigh about the same, the torque is a bit different (Max is listed at 4.2 and Fubuki is listed at 4.0) and the trajectory is a listed at (Max=Mid, Fubuki=Mid/High). I will post pics of each. Both play at the same length in driver at 45.5 inches.

So if anyone has hit both of these shafts can you please comment on the ball flight that you got?

Thx in advance for any comments.

Attachments

• AldilaRogueMax65.jpeg
    AldilaRogueMax65.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Shaft.jpg
    Shaft.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 0
No one has hit both or either one and cares to comment?

I doubt that is the case, but one must realize the performance of any shaft is usually based on the individual. My suggestion would be to personally try both if possible and draw your own conclusion. IMO doing anything less than that, you are possibly setting yourself up for disappointment.

Head obviously matters most in the equation, but you know that already.

For the two shafts, the individual matters a lot so it’s hard to tell you what you will see.

For me, the Fubuki has always been one of the more stable shafts out there, and compared to the Rogue you have linked, it was a couple hundred rpm lower spinning, but also lower lunching, FOR ME.

In the end sadly there’s no easy answer to give you.

Have you tried http://www.golfshaftreviews.info/
Its really a great site to determine what a shaft bend profile is and it will tell you where one shaft is softer in another area than another

I know there is no right answer or only one answer. I just wondered what the general characteristics of these shafts might be so I had an idea of what I MAY expect from each. Say if 4 people commented they all hit the Rogue higher then the Fubuki, then if I match both up with an Epic SZ then I might expect to see the Rogue in that case be better trajectory wise and not hit it too low!

Thx all for the comments!

Back