Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

I think the black is being aerated this week...
That is correct. In addition, holes 3 and 14 will close for green reconstruction the rest of the year. 7 and 13 will be broken up to make up for the closed holes. Black will not be back in its original configuration until April next year.

Stan

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Anyone for a Bethpage round this weekend? Might be doing the red course. Do want to get in one more Black round before it closes for the year.
Hey! On what day are you considering playing? I'm thinking Sunday late morning.

Stan

That is correct. In addition, holes 3 and 14 will close for green reconstruction the rest of the year. 7 and 13 will be broken up to make up for the closed holes. Black will not be back in its original configuration until April next year.

Stan

Guess my days on the Black are over for the year. Sunday late morning sounds good. I'm usually in Farmingdale around that time. Looks like the red course will be up for grabs, chilly, mid 50s, so wear warm. We'll talk more as the week goes by.

Played Tallgrass this past Sunday. It's a pretty good course and well maintained. In the morning they were allowing people to hit off the grass at the driving range....which I must say was the first time I've hit off grass at any range on long island. By the late morning it was mats only. The greens were the fastest I have ever played on and made aggressive shots to some of the flags very difficult.

Nothing like some surprise snow flurries in the middle of your round.

Thanks to AngryYankee, I'm checking in from Rosedale.

Throwing this out there, playing Bethpage this weekend. Black and red are pretty much done for the year due to aeration and temp holes.

Played South Shore yesterday. Tee boxes are a bit beat up but course is in pretty good shape. Greens are super slow right now.

Anybody up for anything cost-effective on Sunday?

I'd be down, where are you thinking?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm open, but didn't really want to travel more than an hour. Was just perusing GolfNow Hot Deals and thought I'd post.

I'm open, but didn't really want to travel more than an hour. Was just perusing GolfNow Hot Deals and thought I'd post.
Marine Park on Sunday? Weather looks a bit iffy, but down to schedule something and play it by ear.

Marine Park on Sunday? Weather looks a bit iffy, but down to schedule something and play it by ear.

Tolls to NYS =/= cost-effective! :D

I was thinking about staying in Jersey. Maybe Brooklyn when it gets warmer again?

2 things.

1) NY/NJ v NE Rivalry thread is up for a THP event.

2) Anyone up for a last minute Sunday morning Bethpager?

Warm weekend coming up, will go out to Bethpage Saturday if anyone is interested.

Warm weekend coming up, will go out to Bethpage Saturday if anyone is interested.
Which courses are still open?

Wish I could join you buddy, but I'm working Sunday so saturday is family time. Might join you in spirit if I can sneak out in the backyard to play Bethpage black on SkyTrak/WGT lol. At least I was able to get a round in last week and yesterday though....and will hopefully get a round in on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Which courses are still open?

Not exactly sure, but most likely the yellow and blue courses.

There was a frost delay, but I was able to play 18 at sunken meadow today. Some temp tee's and greens are winter conditions...but overall not bad. Ground was hard so there was alot of rollout off the tee. Ended up shooting an 86..was nice to just get out and play.

Barclays will be at the Black in late August. I will be going hopefully to all four days. Anyone interested on making it a THP event?

Anyone know of any courses open this weekend? I have an acquaintance who made reservations for Wind Watch. I'll give Bethpage a call as the week goes by as well as Brentwood CC. If not, then another range weekend.

If there's a course likely to be open, sunken meadow would be one of them. try giving them a call. I'd join you but I'm working Saturday and Sunday is church/family day. If anything I might do some range work at home on the Skytrak

Mansion Ridge has been hit or miss but might be open.

Looking forward to our THP event in NY this year.

Back