The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

This was actually something I was wondering about the other day, but forgot to post. Be interesting to see what the folks who play more in the desert say. My irons are 17-4 cast, so I'm a little less concerned.

My irons are cast also so I'm not sure if they will get as knocked up. As of right now I'm planning bringing an older beat up wedge and playing practice rounds with 15 clubs and then decide after that.

I just use my sand wedge and my 7 iron. I do not have a dedicated desert club, but those two are the only ones I hit out of the desert.

Those PINGs are indestructible, which helps. I'll have either the i25 or the G in the bag.

My irons are cast also so I'm not sure if they will get as knocked up. As of right now I'm planning bringing an older beat up wedge and playing practice rounds with 15 clubs and then decide after that.
I can say with 100% certainty you won't go into the desert and come out with little baby golf clubs

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Last time I played there is was with a retired local. The guy loved giving advice. The funniest part is he would spend 5 minutes looking for balls in the wasteland and was constantly giving me messed up pinnacles, top flight as and other rock balls. Considering he had a million dollar condo on Grayhawk and played 3 days a week at $150+ courses he was not exactly hurting for money but he could not pass up a free ball no matter how bad it looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you think that guy made his fortunes? Lol

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

How do you think that guy made his fortunes? Lol

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Lostgolfballs.com founder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard when traveling to the desert to stay hydrated as the hot and dry conditions can really take a toll if you're not used to that. What's the weather for this time of year at the event? And is it something to even take into consideration?

I heard when traveling to the desert to stay hydrated as the hot and dry conditions can really take a toll if you're not used to that. What's the weather for this time of year at the event? And is it something to even take into consideration?

It will be warm and it will be dry. If your not familiar with the environment, you will want to hydrate even before going outside. The rule is, if you are thirsty you are already dehydrated.

You can start hydrating a couple days in advance. It will give your body more time to absorb the water.

Can't wait to follow along with this one.

Too quiet in here...

For those of you that will be attending your first THP event, how many of you have never traveled to play golf? If you have traveled, what's the furthest you have gone to play golf?

Too quiet in here...

For those of you that will be attending your first THP event, how many of you have never traveled to play golf? If you have traveled, what's the furthest you have gone to play golf?

I guess my furthest trip was to maztalan Mexico for a round of golf.

Hot. Dry.
I saw a 64 oz hydroflask thermos in a local golf shop. Only $60. Not kidding - it is getting to be that time of year for the out of town folks, locals can survive another month or two before hydration becomes a larger issue.

Drink water, gatorade, fruit juice, whenever you get a chance while you are here. Stay hydrated.

I walk a fair amount and still get cramps even after consuming 5 bottles of water during a round. So stay hydrated!

Too quiet in here...

When I was in Europe one summer, I played a round of golf at EuroDisney. It was a different beast for me - waist high heather, meters, rental clubs - I was totally lost. Stole balls off the range to lose during the round, iirc....

I guess my furthest trip was to maztalan Mexico for a round of golf.

Very cool. Have heard there are some pretty nice courses down in Mexico.

Hot. Dry.
I saw a 64 oz hydroflask thermos in a local golf shop. Only $60. Not kidding - it is getting to be that time of year for the out of town folks, locals can survive another month or two before hydration becomes a larger issue.

Drink water, gatorade, fruit juice, whenever you get a chance while you are here. Stay hydrated.

I walk a fair amount and still get cramps even after consuming 5 bottles of water during a round. So stay hydrated!

Yeah thanks for the information. I've heard when traveling over there its really dry. South Florida is nowhere near as dry. It's very very humid even on cold days there's a ton of humidity. So I've heard to take care of hydration. Was just curious so I know how to prepare the days leading up to the event

I'd also suggest one of those cooling towels. Great for keeping cool and keeping you sane. Crazy how the heat will affect game rapidly

Too quiet in here...

This will be my first time traveling any significant distance to play. I've been in desert environments enough to know how to stay hydrated though :D

This will be my first time traveling any significant distance to play. I've been in desert environments enough to know how to stay hydrated though :D
It will help you won't have to big of a time change, if there is one, either. It's not always easy going west when your body is 3 hours ahead of the time zone.

It will help you won't have to big of a time change, if there is one, either. It's not always easy going west when your body is 3 hours ahead of the time zone.
Easy for early morning tee times.
Hard for staying out all night at the clubs in Scottsdale.

You got that right. Except I won't be going to any clubs. Haha. I'm an old man and 10 PM is my bedtime.

Yeah a 1 hour jump isn't bad at all!

Haha, you won't find me in da club either :wink:

Thump thump thump thump.

Unless the #ZooCrew recommends it?
Not likely. Maybe the hotel bar or something but no night clubs.

That's been my personal experience.

Back