Drive, chip, and putt

BigTex

Reaction score
Handicap
Watching the kids in the Drive, Chip, and Putt competition is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of The Masters week. Love watching the skill these kids have at such a young age. As the parent of a junior golfer I would bet there are some parents in need of some Xanax right now.

I'm watching it too. Great stuff.

Some of those kids were out driving me! It was great to see the enthusiasm they have out there.

I really enjoy watching this competition. Hoping I can find a re-airing, as my daughter couldn't watch it today.

Love watching the kids play and I admire their skills even at their young age. But watching some of them line up their putts, I wouldn't want to be in the foursome behind them! Maybe because of the high stakes they took more time than usual to get set to putt. Anyway, it was fun.

Watch a little of this today and really enjoyed it. Some cool stories too.

Watched a fair amount today.

While I was very impressed with their ability. I fear they are either being too influenced by TV or over coached. The amount of time they took lining up putts and even walking all the way to the pin for chips, does not bode well for the future pace of play.

But it's a great thing that Augusta National opens its doors for them and a great way to get more kids involved in the game.

I watched most of this today and was very impressed with those kids.
Glad to see the kid from Spokane held his own. He's self taught and loves to watch Bubba.
He finished tied for 3rd in his age group.

Incredible event. The future of the game is safe.

However, it's tough for the kids in cold climates to be prepared for an early April event.

They kids had skills. Im not to worried about their approach to the three disciplines. I think they'll be fine.

3rd iteration going on now.

And already saw 2 aim pointers...

Maybe it's the kids, or maybe it's the first live look for the year at Augusta National, but this is so special to watch.

Maybe it's the kids, or maybe it's the first live look for the year at Augusta National, but this is so special to watch.
Combination of both.

Kids got skills too!

This is fun to watch but there looks like a few slow players in the groups.

i like this as a lead in to the masters

I'm watching it too and love it. Man Augusta is so beautiful.

These kids are so good - nothing like an 11 year old bombing the ball 215 yards.

My only complaint is I've seen a few kids start to cry and look upset because of not doing well - too hard on themselves for being so young.

As I saw someone say before, I agree this is a great start to Masters week. This event is a great way to get kids started in golf!

I'm really happy to see the support of current and former players and champions. What a great way to encourage the kids to get there.

I love this event. These kids are bombing the ball. Also reminds me of walking through the gates and seeing the practice area and just the feeling you get attending the masters and seeing the facilities and course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoy watching this competition. Hoping I can find a re-airing, as my daughter couldn't watch it today.
It is on multiple times on golf channel. 10 pm tonight and 9 am tomorrow

These kids get aggressive on the chip today.

To just strike a golf ball on those grounds is exclusive company.

And this putting exhibition is really solid. Wow.

Love watching this the past few years

I no longer get the golf channel and this is one of the things I'm gonna miss the most.

6 foot tall? At 13? Yeah, 250+ yard bombs.

Now 270ish. Wow.

Back