What is the biggest factor for you when choosing a putter?

xhail

Reaction score
Handicap
Injuries
What is the biggest factor for YOU when chosing whether or not to change putters and what is the biggest factor for YOU when choosing a putter?

For me it all boils down to confidence on whether or not I swap putters out of my bag. I always know it is the archer and not the arrow but sometimes a change in looks really can change mentality. When actually choosing a putter the biggest factor I have is how it feels, with its weight being a very close second factor. I also hate to admit it but I also have started to only choose putters that I can in someway customize with paintfill and stamping.

Looks.

What gets the ball rolling the fastest. That is why I witched to the number 9.

I wish I could find the best of both worlds, the good aim I got with the seemore with the great roll I get with the number 9

This will be a very interesting thread to follow for me. For me it is what fits my stroke the best followed by looks.

For you its about what kind of mood you are in :p

This will be a very interesting thread to follow for me. For me it is what fits my stroke the best followed by looks.

I just bought an expensive one. If it costs more it should work better, right?

I used to go by looks alone but I ran into a problem where I couldn't get a put started online with what I really enjoyed to look at.

For you its about what kind of mood you are in :p

Nope all my putters have certain characteristics to them while looks always plays a factor I know those characteristics and think about it when selecting which putter I will game on any given day.

Alignment / looks. I need to like the looks and be able to get the putt on the line I choose. Having it be the right line is my problem not the putter's!!!

I used to go by looks alone but I ran into a problem where I couldn't get a put started online with what I really enjoyed to look at.

I understand. I also agree with you. But you asked what the biggest factor is, for me the biggest factor is looks. All things being equal, I want the one that looks the best in my bag.

Looks. If I don't like looking at it there is no chance I will have any confidence with it.

Nope all my putters have certain characteristics to them while looks always plays a factor I know those characteristics and think about it when selecting which putter I will game on any given day.
What about the cobra you bought at my course? Ha-ha could not resist

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Looks and sound are 1a and 1b.

How well it fits me and my stroke. I gamed a cure rx1 so it's not a looks or sounds thing although they do have a role.

For me its what I feel comfortable looking down at.

For me it's all about putting a consistent roll on the ball. Actually, that's only half true… Sound/feel is in line with that and if the putter doesn't sound or feel right, there will be no chance I will roll it.

Looks, first and foremost. Then feel/head weight. Sound isn't as big of a deal, to me.

For my putter, looks play a big role.

Must be an "Anser" style non-center shafted blade.

Looks and feel.

I am so superficial.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

looks first, then I hope they have a head shape i like

I need to be able to make a good stroke with it so I like something with minimal to no toe hang.

What fits my stroke and then feel. If I am making putts, I don't care what it looks like but I want to feel my misses so I can figure out what might be going on if my putting is off.

Back