Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ponder is a toss up between a set of Modus 120x shafts or Kbs Tour 130x to replace my x100s. They are just to damn harsh to play consistently with.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Anyone swing the 714 AP1 & 716 AP1 and notice a significant difference? Always wanted to bag Titleist and I'm not getting any younger. Thinking of picking up a used 714 set.

Bridgestone J15 wedges with TT DG black onyx shafts

Apex 4H. I've got a gap between my 5i and XR 4H. Thinking I should drop the XR and go with the Apex.

Anyone swing the 714 AP1 & 716 AP1 and notice a significant difference? Always wanted to bag Titleist and I'm not getting any younger. Thinking of picking up a used 714 set.

I have and I know Jman has as well. Good irons. For me I think there are better out there, but they are solid.
They are a bit different to me, although Titleist has move evolved the AP1 line rather than a large departure.

I pondered one of these for a day before I pulled the trigger this morning! I ordered it with the black shaft and an Odyssey Jumbo Lite grip.

reviewsolevlinefang.jpg

Is $88 a good price for brand new Vokey SM 5 wedges? I saw some on sale.

Yes, sir, it is.

And I'll also participate in WPF... 58 deg SM5 and SM6 with a K-grind. Sure wish they had a 54 deg K-grind, too.

Also, continuing iron ponders. G iron, 716 AP1, King Tec Forged, or re-shaft my OG Apex. Still a slight ponder for Bridgestone CBs, too.

There's minimal difference. Imo, if you want ap1, go 714 for the price point difference and the fact that, imo, they look better.

There's minimal difference. Imo, if you want ap1, go 714 for the price point difference and the fact that, imo, they look better.

Thanks Jman. I saw your review and it was really good. I appreciate your input. I can pick up a 714 for half the price.

Debating grabbing a wedge next Saturday when at Golftown: SmartSole 2.0, Rotex 2.0 CB, MD3...... or waiting until closer to the season

I don't believe GolfTown carries the SmartSole 2.0 wedges in store. They are only available by them through their website. At least that was the situation last year. Best to check their website to make sure.

Im telling you right now, that come March 14th, you will see your next wedges. I promise. Now granted you will have to wait a while after that, but I am serious when I say that.

Makes me wonder what these are.

Makes me wonder what these are.

Ditto for me. JB has repeated his assertions, though, so definitely piqued my interest.

Im telling you right now, that come March 14th, you will see your next wedges. I promise. Now granted you will have to wait a while after that, but I am serious when I say that.

No way Im waiting

#SnatchAndGrab

Guess my wedge ponder can wait after that nugget dropped by JB.

Guess my wedge ponder can wait after that nugget dropped by JB.
I have to second that. Was thinking of a PM grind 58* but now I think I'll have to wait and see what is in store.

Ditto for me. JB has repeated his assertions, though, so definitely piqued my interest.
At least thrown me a bone with the OEM haha

6.5 PX LZ iron shafts.

Don't act like i didn't see this...I remember hearing about these! Love to tinker with iron shafts and these sound crazy interesting. 6.0 for me though...your HULK!

MY next custom putter this one will be very special and also Vokey SM6 are sneaking into the mind
Yes I think your next putter will be awesome and should happen immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back