Your Current Club Battle

Current battle is do I keep my 3 wood or get a new one. Same struggle with my hybrid. Not sure if I should swap hybrids or just get a new shaft.

My current battle is my 50* TM wedge vs the 50* GW from my set.

50* GW from the set is winning.

816 DBD vs XR pro 16 this spring for me. Hopefully in the next few weeks the snow will be gone & I can't start hitting some balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Current Club Battle

I'm in a putter rut right now, I have changed my entire bag over this year and I keep going back to my White Tour Ghost Marnello... I've already games the rx3f and traded that off because it didn't fit my game... I have a SeeMore FGP and a Wilson 8883 arriving tomorrow with hopes I can fall in love with one of them...... I have this little devil on my shoulder telling me to buy the Tour Black Ghost Marnello...... This putter drama is out of hand

I know we as THPers endlessly ponder equipment, and many don't sit around with only 14 clubs available. So, let's hear what your current bag battle is!

Mine right now is the Cobra King LTD vs the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD. Ball speed is better with the DBD with a more lively sound, while the LTD takes the forgiveness battle with a really solid and slightly dialed back sound. I'll be back and forth between these two clubs all year, I bet.

And I thought it was just me. My battle is between the 815 DBD and the LTD Pro. Give me another month and I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'm very content with all my clubs minus my putters. I just can't get comfortable

Very appropriate for me this morning!
I am currently in the middle of an internal debate.
On the one hand, I have a nice new set of cavity back irons, 1.5 inches over length (I am 6ft 6), lovely soft winn dritac oversize grips, a light but stiffish graphite shaft for my aging body...perfect!

And on the other hand, my fg 62 irons. Too short, wrong shaft, far too demanding, especially given my infrequent golfing.

Obviously, this shouldn't even be a debate. So why do I find myself swinging my 7 iron butter knife in the living room?

Sent from my SLIDE using Tapatalk

My battles continue on, with some delineation and additions...

Driver battle: LTD just leading G30 LS Tec, and XR16 Pro hasn't had a chance for much course time. D200 will stay in the rotation regardless of others. Need more on-course time with the LTD and XR16 Pro, in comparison to the LS Tec.

Putter: I love pretty putters. I love putters that sound/feel phenomenal. Thus, my leaders were a Betti and Odyssey Milled Collection... But, the technical geek in me couldn't get away from the Cure CX series, so that has now been added to the battle. It's not near as pretty, but it is looking like a solid contender.

My LTD 3w and GBB 3w are duking it out right now. The LTD is longer, but GBB is a little easier to hit. Just trying to figure out the difference in consistency. I might just leave the LTD in and get a GBB HW as a compromise, but that leaves a big gap for me between 5h and 3h.

Need some outside golf time!!!
Old Pelz Wedge vs MD PM Grind.... I think the PM will win out.. The radius leading edge is gonna take some getting used to

... Currently starting to snow in SE Michigan.. This is downright dejecting....

Putters.

SeeMore vs All.

After years of the same routine, I don't know why it surprises me anymore. I can putt with anything and be confident, but I love the mFGP and mFGP2 shape as well as RST. A plethora (30?) of putters and lately I've just been grabbing for the seemore's.

Its a conundrum for me.

Right now it's between my new Scameron Newport and my Lajosi DD201 WB.

The best performer will win.

I've been wanting new irons for a while and I can't decide between the callaway apex's and the mizuno JPX 850 forged

Keep my 5 Iron or go to a Hybrid.

My battles are shaping up to be the set gap wedge vs other 50* wedges, and what to do at the top of the bag between 4i and driver. I'm really pondering if I actually need a 3w or not. I don't use it off the tee anymore, and it hardly ever leaves the bag.
I thought I might have a driver battle shaping up, but recent results have pretty much ended that before it really got started. I am always eyeing new drivers, however, to see if I can do better.

For me the battle has been with fairway woods. Last year I decided to go 4 & 7 wood and drop the 3H. So far I have gone through TM Aeroburner, TEE and Ping G30. The TM and TEE 4 wood I just could not elevate. I am sure that is a shaft issue and the fact I am 63 with a declining swing speed. The Pings just didn't have the distance I was seeking. Then along comes the Callaway XRs. Oh my! great distance, perfect ball flight. The shaft feels just exactly perfect (the Project X LZ). I tried these out numerous times at PGA SS. Last week I pulled the trigger through CPO. We will have them on the range tomorrow and see how they work.

My irons are good. My driver is the problem child like it always has been. There's a certain feel I need to have with it and if I don't have it on the swing the ball will go right... way right.

Driver... when it's on I can get some decent shots. It's not as long as you men, but it's quite long and I can make a course into driver - 9i. But when you factor in all of my "less than optimal shots" with it, I'm only about 12 yds longer than I am with my 4 iron off the tee. Note the 4i has a cranked loft of 20 degrees.

My shot tee shot grouping with my 4 iron is tight: typical is center fairway and about 203 yds. Occasionally, usually on the 18th hole I'll push one right into the rough because my back is getting tired.

My driver average is all over the place with a typical shot of 215 yds that can land pretty much anywhere. This includes my mishits.

I've tried a 3W. I hit my 4 iron better: same average distance with better accuracy.

I can reach par 5s in regulation with a 4 iron + 5 iron + wedge shot from my tees. I'm thinking of buying a Cobra Fly-Z 3-iron which has a 17 degree iron to use off the tee to possibly gain another 10 yds. They're only $65. Yeah, it's like the old 1 iron. I've hit an old 1 iron off the tee before so I know I can do it. I want to try my 19 degree hybrid first and see if that works off the tee. If it does I'm fine. If it doesn't I might go for that 3 iron.

By battle, I assume you mean something other than the none-ending WWW (work, weather, wife) battle.

My current golf battle is deciding between new Cobra King F6 or Ping G irons. This battle will (I so desperately hope) be settled within the next couple of weeks.

Driver battle. Xr 16, jgr, and fly z. Xr has been really good for 2 rounds, fly z is steady and I am super confident in it. Jgr is Probly in 3rd.
Think I am gonna go with a "mini driver" set up with the fly z.
My other battle was at the putter spot but after today that is over.

3 hybrid vs Heavenwood that I haven't purchased yet haha

3 hybrid vs Heavenwood that I haven't purchased yet haha

If we can find a time that works for us to play you're more than welcome to play my HW on the course.

If we can find a time that works for us to play you're more than welcome to play my HW on the course.
Thanks buddy. I was shocked to see that your Ping 3 hybrid is out of the bag, dude you killed that thing when we played last

Thanks buddy. I was shocked to see that your Ping 3 hybrid is out of the bag, dude you killed that thing when we played last

Yeah I've had some good luck with the heavenwood. It's a solid option all around.

Back