The Car Shopping Thread

Sweet - my daughter is driving a 2015 C63 - used it for about a month when my X5 and an aluminum sink met up on the highway. Great ride - I'm leaning towards an S with the AMG package this spring. We have 2 SUV's and Jeep - a nice big sports sedan would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An S class is an amazing vehicle, there really is nothing on the road like it at all. That c63 is a monster too.

I get to drive pretty much everything Mercedes Makes at some point or another.

An S class is an amazing vehicle, there really is nothing on the road like it at all. That c63 is a monster too.

I get to drive pretty much everything Mercedes Makes at some point or another.

I'm a loyalist - the occasional BMW (like the x5) right now but I've been pretty loyal except for the Daimler years, those were a disgrace - freakin Dodges

I'm a loyalist - the occasional BMW (like the x5) right now but I've been pretty loyal except for the Daimler years, those were a disgrace - freakin Dodges

You got that right. They have made leaps and bounds better since. I am not at all only loyal or biased towards benz. I actually like most cars in one form or another....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Its definitely a beauty. probably my favorite color exterior/ interior combo. the red interior is sweet too. A word of advice. Pay a little extra and add on maintenance and wheel and tire protection. the cost is minimal extra, and you don't have to worry about maintenance costs for the length of the maintenance plan. and the tire protection can save you a bundle if you have any tire issues, i.e. nail, bubbles, etc, and in some cases also covers cosmetic repair on the wheels. Just make sure you read up on what you are buying to be sure of coverage.

Loved the cranberry red interior as well, also liked the black with red stitching and the red seat belts. In the end, I thought it would be nice to have a Merc that ran a 4.5 and looked like a full-on luxury vehicle inside. Outside looks a bit meaner.

I plan to get the prepaid maintenance, actually have a deal for that lined up already. I need to do some more research on the tire insurance too, but I plan on getting a set of extra wheels with winter tires for it (since the 19's come with summer performance and I live in Ohio where we get snowy/cold winters), so I'll have to model out the costs relative to the time the insurance would actually be applicable. The stock Pirelli P Zero Summer Perf run flats sure cost a pretty penny though, so I can definitely see where the insurance is worth it.

I could get you a 5 year policy for probably $650 ish with a 3rd party company. Factory wheel and tire has a $50 deductible now.

Sweet - my daughter is driving a 2015 C63 - used it for about a month when my X5 and an aluminum sink met up on the highway. Great ride - I'm leaning towards an S with the AMG package this spring. We have 2 SUV's and Jeep - a nice big sports sedan would be nice.

I would love to have a C63 instead, but they don't come in AWD, so I've gotta settle for the C450/C43 to make it through the winters. C63S is what I would go with otherwise.

S63/65 AMG is in my future someday, just need a bit more professional progression before I can swing a $160K car, haha. I'm 30 now, so I figure by the time I'm 50 or 55, any kids I have will be off to college and that can be my treat to myself. Hell of a vehicle.

This will be my first Merc, but I plan to remain a loyalist for the rest of my vehicles (assuming there are no other dark periods).

I could get you a 5 year policy for probably $650 ish with a 3rd party company. Factory wheel and tire has a $50 deductible now.

Really appreciate the offer, I may take you up on that once the C43 is out and mine is delivered (as it currently stands, they aren't even taking orders for it yet)! When that time comes, I'll reach out via PM. I know of a dealership in Santa Monica that sells it for $100 over dealer cost, but I'm not certain what dealer cost is...so, I don't know how that compares to the $650.

My dealership and Santa Monica dealership owned by the same corporation...

My dealership and Santa Monica dealership owned by the same corporation...

Beautiful, come C43 shipment to my dealership in Columbus, I'll be in touch! Thanks again!

Really appreciate the offer, I may take you up on that once the C43 is out and mine is delivered (as it currently stands, they aren't even taking orders for it yet)! When that time comes, I'll reach out via PM. I know of a dealership in Santa Monica that sells it for $100 over dealer cost, but I'm not certain what dealer cost is...so, I don't know how that compares to the $650.
I'd have to check my price list, but I think my price is in the ball park. The tire protection varies by models. So 650 is in the middle. Could be less or could be more.

Dump the run flats whatever you do. They are garbage. Also AWD isn't needed for winters. Some good winter tires and you're set. My BMW is better in the snow than my WRX was. Tires make all the difference in the world

Dump the run flats whatever you do. They are garbage. Also AWD isn't needed for winters. Some good winter tires and you're set. My BMW is better in the snow than my WRX was. Tires make all the difference in the world

That's a fair point (my car now isn't AWD and I have terrible tires on it; if I went with the Blizzaks on the 63S and didn't drive like an idiot when there was snow on the ground, I'd probably be fine...I need to consider doing this more seriously. In theory, I could easily find a CPO C63S for cheaper than the C43 I'm waiting for ($65K), and I wouldn't have to swallow the year 1 + 2 depreciation.

Unfortunately most all New Mercedes come with the Extended mobility tires (MOE) and no spare. though certain models are coming with regular tires and a can of tire sealant and a pump in place of a spare.

The Extended mobility tires are actually ok overall, not horrible, but still not as comfortable as normal tires.

That's a fair point (my car now isn't AWD and I have terrible tires on it; if I went with the Blizzaks on the 63S and didn't drive like an idiot when there was snow on the ground, I'd probably be fine...I need to consider doing this more seriously. In theory, I could easily find a CPO C63S for cheaper than the C43 I'm waiting for ($65K), and I wouldn't have to swallow the year 1 + 2 depreciation.
My BMW with Blizzaks is absolutely amazing and we've seen some serious snow this year. Don't be afraid to go that route. Just get good snow tires. The Sottozero may be your best bet for a true sports sedan

Unfortunately most all New Mercedes come with the Extended mobility tires (MOE) and no spare. though certain models are coming with regular tires and a can of tire sealant and a pump in place of a spare.

The Extended mobility tires are actually ok overall, not horrible, but still not as comfortable as normal tires.
BMW does the same thing. I dumped my run flats about a week after I got the car (used) and it night and day. My dad's 3 series has run flats and he can't wait to dump them. Not the worth the cost, noise or degraded ride quality IMO.

I understand them but don't like them

I picked up a portable air compressor around Christmas in preparation for dumping the run flats and knowing that Merc won't have a spare...just need a can of sealant, and some luck from the lord that I don't hit a terrible flat haha.

I would love to have a C63 instead, but they don't come in AWD, so I've gotta settle for the C450/C43 to make it through the winters. C63S is what I would go with otherwise.

S63/65 AMG is in my future someday, just need a bit more professional progression before I can swing a $160K car, haha. I'm 30 now, so I figure by the time I'm 50 or 55, any kids I have will be off to college and that can be my treat to myself. Hell of a vehicle.

This will be my first Merc, but I plan to remain a loyalist for the rest of my vehicles (assuming there are no other dark periods).

Delayed gratification brother - you enjoy it much more when you hand over a check and you aren't signing a loan document.

Got an email from USAA saying the initial assessment of my SUV after Friday's accident, might result in a total loss :banghead: It's not final, I guess they are sending an adjuster out to see it in person on Monday.

I'm not ready to spend a lot of time in this thread!!

Got an email from USAA saying the initial assessment of my SUV after Friday's accident, might result in a total loss :banghead: It's not final, I guess they are sending an adjuster out to see it in person on Monday.

I'm not ready to spend a lot of time in this thread!!
Cayenne SUV, here you come! J/k.

So just starting to browse, just in case.

What are some of the best mid-size SUV's out there or crossovers. I don't need it for anything heavy duty, they are just easier for me at 6'5" to get in and out of than standard cars.

I've got a Chevrolet Equinox as the rental, and from limited use the first day, it's pretty nice.

So just starting to browse, just in case.

What are some of the best mid-size SUV's out there or crossovers. I don't need it for anything heavy duty, they are just easier for me at 6'5" to get in and out of than standard cars.

I've got a Chevrolet Equinox as the rental, and from limited use the first day, it's pretty nice.

I had the Mercedes GLC as a loaner last week, new on the market. Good price point for a full loaded crossover - high 40's. Good ride with enough room

I had the Mercedes GLC as a loaner last week, new on the market. Good price point for a full loaded crossover - high 40's. Good ride with enough room

Oh I'm sure. But my budget will top out around 30K.... At least I hope.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Oh I'm sure. But my budget will top out around 30K.... At least I hope.

CX5, Rogue, and Forester are pretty solid

CX5, Rogue, and Forester are pretty solid
Thanks. I had planned on checking out the CX5 and will look at the others.

I've been a Toyota owner for my last three new vehicles. They are reliable and just run. But I do miss out on some of the newer features other manufacturers seem to be offering that Toyota has typically held off on.

Back