So many great options and combo's here.

Come and get some
@chefkritter
@Danimal
@Big SoIL
@BL
@HuddieJ
@Jrengler

I have a feeling the rest of the forum will give you some great ideas as well.

Man, this is both incredibly exciting and a bit overwhelming. I haven't hit either head yet but based on my reading and the review from @Jman I suspect the 785 head is right for me given that I'm gaming the Rogue SZ right now.

But the area where I'm most lost is the shaft options. There are a good number of shafts here that I haven't tried. I've currently got the PX EF blue 65g 6.5 (stock, not HC) in my Rogue SZ. So I guess that's an early front-runner, but I'll make sure Club Champ runs me through all the paces in case one of these other bad boys is a better fit.

Grip, no question, GP MCC+4. Played the the MCC+4 align last year and really liked em. I didn't think the align made a huge difference so I'm happy to go standard +4 if the align model isn't an option.

Tensei orange at 70+ grams is BEASTLY!!!

I think the Pro Orange 70 is a lot more manageable than one would think. It feels super stiff in the hands, and my initial reaction was that it would be too stiff. After the first few swings, quickly realized that it has great feel for how initially boardy it comes across as. Being counter-balanced, it even feels a little light initially. I think that and the Pro Blue are great options.

Congrats to those that are going. Srixon is one of my favorite underdog brands. Their irons are as good as anything out there. Haven't tested the driver myself, but from what I read, it is a contender.

I would go Z785 10.5*. Shaft would be the tough part for me and I would want to do some more testing. I am thinking possible Tensei Pro Blue but might would do HZRDUS Red. Who knows might find one of the others I liked with some testing. Definitely would do the GP MCC +4 Align grips if the +4 align were an options. If not probably just MCC +4.

That’s a tough call man! Ya think any place in the STL has a Tensei Orange in any of the big box store fitting carts? After a little thought and deliberation I’m kind of leaning toward the Tensei Orange myself. I’ve never played the HZRDUS Black but have spent some time with the Yellow 75 6.5 and I know that’s playable for me. But like you, the Orange is speaking to me...

I think I may bite the bullet and go to CC for a fitting. Maybe tell them my situation and see if the will give me a deal. It is about 2 miles from my house, so it makes sense. My fear is showing up with new gear and spraying TPC Las Vegas with errant OB shots.

I think I may bite the bullet and go to CC for a fitting. Maybe tell them my situation and see if the will give me a deal. It is about 2 miles from my house, so it makes sense. My fear is showing up with new gear and spraying TPC Las Vegas with errant OB shots.

Or what if they fit you for something that isn’t offered? Then you are in your mind saying it’s the shaft.

That’s a tough call man! Ya think any place in the STL has a Tensei Orange in any of the big box store fitting carts? After a little thought and deliberation I’m kind of leaning toward the Tensei Orange myself. I’ve never played the HZRDUS Black but have spent some time with the Yellow 75 6.5 and I know that’s playable for me. But like you, the Orange is speaking to me...

I had a brief stint with a Yellow 75 6.5. Moving to the Pro Orange wasn't that big of a shock. I went TX and was afraid it would be like swinging rebar. While, it feels stiffer in hand, I feel like they do have some similar playing characteristics. Being that they are both counter-balanced, it was a very similar weight. As in, I didn't feel like a made a huge shaft change initially. The Pro Orange seems to hold up to a strong swing better. I also didn't find the Yellow to be as low launching as I read. I didn't care for the Yellow as I thought it felt loose overall and my dispersion kind of reflected that. Overall, I like the Orange because of the tighter feel and touch lower launch.

Or what if they fit you for something that isn’t offered? Then you are in your mind saying it’s the shaft.

I've already been in talks with my fitter at CC and have been VERY clear with them that I'm only interested in being fitted for shafts that Srixon/Cleveland are offering us. If the shaft isn't available to us, don't even bother handing it to me.

Oh the memories I have of just killing it and watching the ball sail where no other golfer has gone before ob. Don’t fear it, gotta embrace it!

I've already been in talks with my fitter at CC and have been VERY clear with them that I'm only interested in being fitted for shafts that Srixon/Cleveland are offering us. If the shaft isn't available to us, don't even bother handing it to me.

Just had the same discussion. All good.

I hit them both with stock shafts, for me they were fairly similar, so would go with the more adjustable 785.

Srixon Z785
Aldila Rogue Black 60 (waffling between this and the Project X HZRDUS Red 65)
Lamkin UTx (midsize)

Z785 9.5 loft w/Tensei Pro Orange at 44.75 inches outfitted with an MCC plus 4 midsize. That’ll do pig, that’ll do.

Hey @danimal, are you already playing all that Srixon/Cleveland equipment or is your WITB signature anticipatory?

Hey @danimal, are you already playing all that Srixon/Cleveland equipment or is your WITB signature anticipatory?

It is accurate. I have been playing it for about 3-4 months. Super happy with the driver/16 * degree Hybrid and UT.

Srixon Z585

Helium Shaft

Lamkin UTX 2 wraps

It is accurate. I have been playing it for about 3-4 months. Super happy with the driver/16 * degree Hybrid and UT.

The wedges are awesome too! Will try a 52-56-60 setup in the new setup though.

Z785 driver, 9.5 degrees of loft, 45 inches, PX Handcrafted Evenflow Black 65 in 6.0 flex, Golf Pride NDMC grip in black/blue colorway with 3 extra wraps under the grip.

Z785

Aldila Rogue Silver

UTx Wrap

Yeah, I'd game that right now.

Z 785
HZRDUS Yellow 65 tipped 3/4”
UTX +2 wraps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z785 9.5* head with UST Helium shaft and Lamkin UTx grip

Club Heads
Srixon Z 585

Shaft Options
Project X HZRDUS Red

Grips:
Lamkin UTX

Pretty sure that'd be sick looking combo. Looking forward to seeing what the participants pick!!

785 10°
Hzdrus yellow 75g Xs
Golf pride Cp2 pro

I think I would go with a Z 585 head, the Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 60, and the Golf Pride MCC Plus 4. I think my swing would take to that type of build. This is definitely going to be interesting.

Ok! Here we go with my setup after a little consulting:)

Z785 9.5*/Tensei Pro Orange 70 S/GP MCC +4 +2 wraps

Loft will probably get bumped up to 10.5 to get it a little more upright and closed, until I start losing it to the left.

As for the shaft more weight and more stability usually take some bigger misses out of play for me, I generally play something in the 8X range so I may go X in the 70g Orange also.

I’m a big fan of MCC +4 grips and have been playing the Aligns, but with the way the Srixon hosel adjustments work I’ll just go with the standards. All other clubs will get built with the Aligns, I love those things!

I had a brief stint with a Yellow 75 6.5. Moving to the Pro Orange wasn't that big of a shock. I went TX and was afraid it would be like swinging rebar. While, it feels stiffer in hand, I feel like they do have some similar playing characteristics. Being that they are both counter-balanced, it was a very similar weight. As in, I didn't feel like a made a huge shaft change initially. The Pro Orange seems to hold up to a strong swing better. I also didn't find the Yellow to be as low launching as I read. I didn't care for the Yellow as I thought it felt loose overall and my dispersion kind of reflected that. Overall, I like the Orange because of the tighter feel and touch lower launch.

Good stuff man! Appreciate the comparison between the 2 of them. I actually felt the same about the Yellow that you do, so that really helps me get an idea of what I’m jumping into.

Back