Build Your Srixon Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As part of the Distance Powered by Srixon Event, participants will receive a full bag of equipment of their choosing. One area that is getting a lot of conversation is the driver and we thought it would be fun to get input from the entire forum. So here is the deal. You can choose anything from the list below. How would you build yours and participants, get ready for a wild ride.

D2.jpg

Club Heads
Srixon Z 585
Srixon Z 785

Shaft Options
Project X HZRDUS HandCrafted Black 65
Project X HZRDUS HandCrafted Yellow 65
Project X EvenFlow HandCrafted Blue 65
Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75
Project X HZRDUS Red 65
Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6
Miyazaki Kaula Kiri 5
Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6
Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 60
Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70
UST Mamiya Helium 4
Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Aldila Rogue Black 60
Aldila Rogue Black 70

Grips
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360
Golf Pride Tour Velvet
Golf Pride 2G Tour Wrap
Golf Pride CP2 Pro
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound
Golf Pride Z-Cord
Golf Pride MCC Align
Lamkin Crossline
Lamkin Crossline Tour
Lamkin UTx
Lamkin UTx Wrap

Without the ability to hit either driver I'd probably default to the 585 as the more safe choice. Shaft would go down to the wire between the UST Helium and EF Blue....let's go with the Helium. Grips are easy, this Lamkin homer wants some UTx.

• Admin
Come and get some
@chefkritter
@Danimal
@Big SoIL
@BL
@HuddieJ
@Jrengler

I have a feeling the rest of the forum will give you some great ideas as well.

Those options are BONKERS.

z785 head and either Handcrafted Yellow HZRDUS 65x or Rogue silver 60x. Would have a tough time not going UTx wrap.

Z785 9.5 loft w/Tensei Pro Orange at 44.75 inches outfitted with an MCC plus 4 midsize. That’ll do pig, that’ll do.

UST Helium 4
Golf Pride MCC plus 4

Lofted up.

And Here We Go....................Splitting fairways and trying to keep it withing 50 yards of @BL

Srixon Z 785 Driver

Shaft Project X Hzurdus HandCrafted Black 65 +1.5"

Grip Lamkin UTx......in red if possible

come and get some
@chefkritter
@danimal
@big soil
@bl
@huddiej
@jrengler

i have a feeling the rest of the forum will give you some great ideas as well.

let the big dog eat!!!!!

Awesome choices.....that may not be my final answer. The HC HZRDUS plays great in the one I operate currently.....too many options, head is spinning.

Tensei Blue 60
Tour velvet.

Let er rip!

Based on experience with the 65 line, I'd have to go 585 to be safe. The 765 was by far the lowest spinning (and therefor launching) driver I've ever hit. Haven't done a ton of reading up yet to see if the 785 is better in that department.

Give me that 585 with the HZRDUS yellow 65 in x-stiff and I would be thrilled. Just bombs. Throw a UTx midsize on there to finish it off.

Man, what options!! I'd go with the 785 because I like to tinker with the lofts from time to time, I need something lower spinning, and I like the smaller profile looking down. Pair that with a HandCrafted Yellow 65 and an MCC +4 grip and we've got a winner!

I’ll have something tentative in a bit, have my hands full at work at the moment:)

It’s getting real seeing this thread pop up though:)))

These options are awesome! I'm thinking I'd go 785 with the Project X HZRDUS HandCrafted Yellow 65 and MCC +4.

Z785
HRZDUS Red 65 stiff
MCC+4

If you can chose the Helium... Chose the Helium...
You’re welcome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on experience with the 65 line, I'd have to go 585 to be safe. The 765 was by far the lowest spinning (and therefor launching) driver I've ever hit. Haven't done a ton of reading up yet to see if the 785 is better in that department.

Give me that 585 with the HZRDUS yellow 65 in x-stiff and I would be thrilled. Just bombs. Throw a UTx midsize on there to finish it off.

Scratch that. Just went and read Dan's review. I'd take the 785.

If you can chose the Helium... Chose the Helium...
You’re welcome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a possibility....I am digging the hybrid shaft from UST.

No question easy choice

585 9.0
UST Helium
Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize grey color.

I don’t know....I play the HZRDUS black 65 in the 785 now and it performs great. That is my conundrum, do I change what works for something different.

I don’t know....I play the HZRDUS black 65 in the 785 now and it performs great. That is my conundrum, do I change what works for something different.

That’s a tough call man! Ya think any place in the STL has a Tensei Orange in any of the big box store fitting carts? After a little thought and deliberation I’m kind of leaning toward the Tensei Orange myself. I’ve never played the HZRDUS Black but have spent some time with the Yellow 75 6.5 and I know that’s playable for me. But like you, the Orange is speaking to me...

If any of the contestants are going to pass on gaming a driver, feel free to order this one up and send it over:

z785 9.5, Hzrdus Yellow 65 6.0, D2 swingweight, 45", GP Z-Cord.

Back