Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

Might be worth trying this driver in a lower loft? As opposed to TMs recent loft up campaign, maybe BS is going to "loft down"??? haha

This weekend this will get a thorough testing from locals on the range.

Thanks for the initial thoughts Kev. This driver along with the Wilson C200 irons have me so pondering!

JM

Great pictures KEV. Can't wait to hear your thoughts as this is a huge ponder for me.

Anyone knows if there will be custom shafts options or is-it only available with Aldila NV 2KXV

Anyone knows if there will be custom shafts options or is-it only available with Aldila NV 2KXV

Im sure they will have a select amount of shaft options available.

great thoughts kev, looking forward to see how it goes as you get some more time in with this.

Great thoughts on the JGR Kev, I need to hit this one.

killing so far Kev. keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really, REALLY, need/want to hit this one.

Custom options are up on Bridgestone's website.

from what i'm reading the 2kxv orange sounds absolutely perfect for me. softer tip for higher ball flight. yes please.

Been digging for news and reviews on this driver (in anticipation of the release date) and I stumbled across this article for the Japan Golf show. About halfway through there's a lot of different color combo's for the JGR.

I realize what's released in Japan won't necessarily come this way - just interesting to see it in those colors, as well as some other gear.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/blog/japan-golf-fair-2016-bridgestone-golf/

Yeah I dont think we will see those options over here, but I know a bunch of THPers tested this out this past weekend.

Been digging for news and reviews on this driver (in anticipation of the release date) and I stumbled across this article for the Japan Golf show. About halfway through there's a lot of different color combo's for the JGR.

I realize what's released in Japan won't necessarily come this way - just interesting to see it in those colors, as well as some other gear.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/blog/japan-golf-fair-2016-bridgestone-golf/

So much sessy going on there! We could only hope that just a little of that makes it over here.

Had the chance to hit the JGR compared to my J715 this weekend. Sound was a bit higher than what I hear from my J715. Hot off the face on center struck hits. Definitely would like to have a few more swipes for better comparison.

Had the chance to hit the JGR compared to my J715 this weekend. Sound was a bit higher than what I hear from my J715. Hot off the face on center struck hits. Definitely would like to have a few more swipes for better comparison.
I had a chance to look at it this weekend, didn't swing it, but liked what they did with the crown compared to the 815, seems much more muted than the bright red/graphics.

Did you find it more forgiving at all compared to the 715?

Did you find it more forgiving at all compared to the 715?

I honestly only swung it a few times. I did have one hit off the heel and it didn't seem too punishing.

JGR with HZRDUS 6.5 was contemplated in a dream

So this showed up today.....
9B514CA4-937B-4343-9C4A-C9169422C539_zps65cypgrq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A0D91C35-AD38-49EF-AB35-868DF0466182_zpsrwd4w7zm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Looking forward to your thoughts.

Back