THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

dee110378732b2b84b255639022f0c44.jpg

I got some regional rivalry prep in this morning. I shot an 86 and was happy with that. There were 4 temp greens which were really just holes in the fairway but it was good to get out. I drove the ball the best I have in a long time. Iron game was ok, short game was the worst aspect of my game today but that is kind of to be expected since I haven't played outside in 6 weeks.

I was thinking about the event often through my round and even though I was playing by myself I tried to think about what I would do during the event.

I'm really excited for July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice round.

I'm finally playing this weekend - Sunday in Wyncote in Pa. Not exactly the easiest course if you are rusty and haven't played in a month! Trying to hit the range tomorrow if time allows. Really hoping all the DMVers can get a round in together soon!

Love that course. When I think I'm playing really well, it brings me back to reality. Lol. Hope the rain holds off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this was asked before but now that we have team members, are you going to change your bag at all? If so what are you going to add/delete club wise?

Well, the G10 irons and Cleveland wedge are not going anywhere and the driver is in the zone. The hybrids earned their spots back in the bag this weekend, but the quest for fairway woods continue. May change out the Jetspeeds, maybe not.

Two great days of range work and 47 for 9 holes (couple of dumb penalties). Took out the i5s and the g10s. Like the 5s but just miss the sweet spot enough that I'm loosing too much yardage to be in the bag, but I will be keeping them and working on the swing. They have definitely helped my swing and was smoking the G10s. Putting was good, short game saved probably 4 strokes so the basement practice has helped a ton. Was killing the driver, not always distance wise, but could pick the landing spot. Hybrids were back to behaving which is good. The disappointment was the fairway woods. Hit them well, but they always want to draw, unless I play for the draw and they go straight.

Next weekend is a work trip to Dallas, but March will be all golf all the time to prep for the VA Beach trip. Already planning a stop at RNK on the way home Sunday.

Might not get picked, but the practice play is showing dividends and I can see arrest year ahead. Thanks THP, #RegonalRivalry, #TeamDMV

dee110378732b2b84b255639022f0c44.jpg

I got some regional rivalry prep in this morning. I shot an 86 and was happy with that. There were 4 temp greens which were really just holes in the fairway but it was good to get out. I drove the ball the best I have in a long time. Iron game was ok, short game was the worst aspect of my game today but that is kind of to be expected since I haven't played outside in 6 weeks.

I was thinking about the event often through my round and even though I was playing by myself I tried to think about what I would do during the event.

I'm really excited for July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice round, Mike!

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I suggest everyone interested in one of the last 3 spots shoot me a PM saying so. We've had quite a few come and go.

In that PM please include your Handicap as of the latest revision.

I suggest everyone interested in one of the last 3 spots shoot me a PM saying so. We've had quite a few come and go.

PM sent

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PM sent

Decided tomorrow morning to go out and check the gaps at the top of my bag. Fairways and hybirds and see how they mesh with my irons.

Bought a dozen 50 Elite just for the purpose.

Couldn't take advantage of the weather this weekend. But next week is looking ok but not great.

I'll get some work in with the new driver at the least.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Had the granddaughter this weekend so only some range work. I'm going to play 9 tomorrow after work

Short game started the weekend rusty, but by the end of the day today I felt like my touch was coming back. With the pending knee crap I will be focused on short game short game short game.

Short game started the weekend rusty, but by the end of the day today I felt like my touch was coming back. With the pending knee crap I will be focused on short game short game short game.
Hope the knee is good to go by RR time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just got back from a trip for my wife's birthday and I am so jealous that so many of you got to actually play this weekend. Looks like I'm going to have to work that much harder since you have head start! Hope everyone had a good time, I know I did!

I hit a few on the range, which was a mistake. The knee really didn't appreciate it. But it's warm and sunn and I couldn't not hit the range.

Really sorry to to hear your having knee problems! That's no fun, hope everything works out well!

PM Sent

PM sent.

Hope you heal up quickly.

Really sorry to to hear your having knee problems! That's no fun, hope everything works out well!

Thanks dude, no worries it won't keep me down long. Just need to get it fixed.

I am standing on the tee lasering the pin like a boss.

...then punting a ball out to whatever 10 yards more than that corner is.

The actual elevation change is not represented by this photo. The tee is above the FW, and u can't see the green. Depending where the tees are set up on the teeing ground, you may not even see the landing area from the tee box. The play is a hard 3 wood just over the edge at the 234 mark or driver just left of that leaving wedges into an elevated green where you may not even see the stick. The hole is much harder than it looks and sets the tone for the round.

Got to the course today and worked on my game before my round; unfortunately it didn't translate to the course. My short game continues to be a mess!!!!! I think I am going to need professional help. :banghead:

PM Sent.

I hope you DMV hopefuls are getting your games in shape and paying attention to those involved in the Kentwool Kickoff. They absolutely killed it all weekend.

PM sent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back