Milwaukee golf courses

huskie

Reaction score
Handicap
2 day swing in late april. Public or private besides the big boys (erin hills, whistling) any course recomendations??

2 day swing in late april. Public or private besides the big boys (erin hills, whistling) any course recomendations??
The Bog is a good one. The Bull is amazing, but a bit pricier ($150), though I've never paid full price there. Both are public and north of the city.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

are they far, staying downtown?

Washington county is supposed to be very nice.

Late April can be hit or miss (typically more miss) in regards to weather. The post above mentioned Washington County, one of my favorites, it is a very nice course and is normally in great shape. Browndeer is nice and is near downtown, but is a bit pricey if you don't have a county card. I've heard Fire Ridge is really nice, but have never played there. The Bog and the Bull are both very nice, but a bit overpriced IMO. Granted, you would be golfing when there are spring rates so the price may be more attractive.

If you are looking for somebody to play with let me know, I may be available.

Last edited:
Washington county is supposed to be very nice.
How did I forget that one? It most definitely is. Always kept in great shape.

Late April can be hit or miss (typically more miss) in regards to weather. The post above mentioned Washington County, one of my favorites, it is a very nice course and is normally in great shape. Browndeer is nice and is near downtown, but is a bit pricey if you don't have a county card. I've heard Fire Ridge is really nice, but have never played there. The Bog and the Bull are both very nice, but a bit overpriced IMO. Granted, you would be golfing when there are spring rates so the price may be more attractive.

If you are looking for somebody to play with let me know, I may be available.
Brown Deer is good again. Practice area is really nice now. A couple down years but it's back. Plus, the site of Tiger's first pro tourney!

I was going to suggest Fire Ridge. I play there probably more than anywhere else. It's cheaper than the others mentioned, but I've seen a major decline in course maintenance the last couple years. Sounds like an issue attributed to new ownership. Major issue seems to be drainage. Soggy most of last year. Not sure late April would be the best time to play it.

I live downtown. Brown Deer is about a 15 min drive, Fire Ridge/The Bog is about 25, the Bull is 45. Washington County is actually the longest drive at about 50.

If you have the connections, Milwaukee CC or Bluemound CC would be your choices by a mile.

Back