Titleist AP2 and AP3 Black Irons

These look really good. Blacked out Ap2's would look so good in the bag. More dreaming I shall do....

oh man those look sweet. Sucker for a black club. Smart move on their part.

Is it weird that i feels like Titleist looks like a johnny-come-lately to Cobra? Same shafts as FTB and everything? At least they're willing to say outright they'll wear.

Considering the current amt white (same as original amt shaft),black and red were all made for titleist at initial release cobra and others are the Johnny come lately

I love the look of black irons, especially paired with a black shaft. They just scream sleekness. But the idea of having another set of dark finished clubs gives me anxiety, and where I would be most concerned is not on the face or sole from play, but from the club to club contact from bag chatter. The Cobra DBM process seems to hold up really well. Looking forward to seeing how these hold up as well.

Add me into the camp that absolutely loves the look of black irons. I find these to be a solid release although the timing is a bit curious to me.

I love the look of those AP2s. Nicely done. I think still I would be worried about wear.

Those irons look fantastic but I'm on the side that would have trouble spending that much money on a club that's going to wear pretty quickly. I wish all of these companies would go to the finish like Cobra and Hogan.

Big fan of the AMT Black Onyx shaft looks fantastic

Here are some side by sides of the chrome vs. jet black vokeys. This is after about 50 rounds, and a bunch of practice sessions. The face held up great, and I generally don’t strike the ball with the back of the club so that’s shown no wear. The sole has shown the most wear - more of a gray than black now. Still look good by me.
cbcb116d9cc04938875826d7a6a602f8.jpg
a887aea7c24b1bd743b60231e569510e.jpg
d17768c750047372e9b65fda906097b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm SOOOOO close to making a phone call on these...:banghead:

The clubs looks solid but that finish will wear and that would be my only concern. The DBM on the FTB is still holding strong. But the Utility iron with PVD finish is wearing.

I couldn't resist them any longer...Ordered Gap through 8 in AP2 and 7-4 iron in AP3 with black AMT Shafts. And of course had to have the Jet Black matching Vokey's to go with them! :) Should be delivered sometime in early March.

Yeah if the ap2 were a bit longer I think it would be a permanent fixture in the bag. Feels so good, but just too short.

So strengthen the lofts?! Seems like an easy fix to me.
Or just bulk up!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So strengthen the lofts?! Seems like an easy fix to me.
Or just bulk up!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don’t like messing with lofts too much. Not to say they aren’t awesome, because they are.

I wouldn't recommend sweating the AP2 distance too much. The irons well gap reasonably between each club and will also feel really nice. The fact the irons stay more traditional I think is a major bonus. I prefer the Vokey 46* over the 46* AP2 pitching wedge, but really like the 42* 9i-ron, 38* 8-iron, etc... AP2. The AP1 PW for example is 43* which is way too strong!

DT

I wouldn't recommend sweating the AP2 distance too much. The irons well gap reasonably between each club and will also feel really nice. The fact the irons stay more traditional I think is a major bonus. I prefer the Vokey 46* over the 46* AP2 pitching wedge, but really like the 42* 9i-ron, 38* 8-iron, etc... AP2. The AP1 PW for example is 43* which is way too strong!

DT

The 718 ap2 6iron is probably my favorite iron I’ve owned. That thing is perfect.

Back