Se Ri Pak announces retirement

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Only 38. Ochoa did the same thing at like 28. Both qualified for their HOF before retiring. I wonder if it was about life choices (biological clock) or they did all they wanted to do in the game, as measured by HOF entry.

Somewhat surprising, but like you said there may be other priorities. Annika retired fairly early as well, but not before completely obliterating everyone.

She won the US Open back in 1998, so she's been out on Tour for almost 20 years. She's retiring at the end of this year, and I read that she had made this decision a couple of years ago but only announced it yesterday. It's not all that surprising for me, especially because she hasn't been at the top of the game for a while.

A little surprising, when I started getting into golf, she seemed to be at her pinnacle, I can remember watching her battle on the LPGA a lot.

Good for her. She's had a great career and did a lot for the game of golf

Only 38. Ochoa did the same thing at like 28. Both qualified for their HOF before retiring. I wonder if it was about life choices (biological clock) or they did all they wanted to do in the game, as measured by HOF entry.

I saw this during the tv coverage yesterday. She was an big influence on Korean golfers.

on a side note Ochoa isn't qualified for the HOF because she doesn't have enough years on tour.

I saw this during the tv coverage yesterday. She was an big influence on Korean golfers.

on a side note Ochoa isn't qualified for the HOF because she doesn't have enough years on tour.
So you can win a boatload of tournaments and not qualify? Odd. Seems like that would be the major factor.

So you can win a boatload of tournaments and not qualify? Odd. Seems like that would be the major factor.

According to the requirements a player needs 10 years on tour, won a major, care trophy or Rolex player of the year and earn27 points. Ochoa only has 7-8 years on tour.

Wish I could've retired at 38, let alone 28. Great career for sure.

According to the requirements a player needs 10 years on tour, won a major, care trophy or Rolex player of the year and earn27 points. Ochoa only has 7-8 years on tour.
So a player can come in, destroy all comers for, say, 5 seasons, blow out a disc in her back, and not qualify? Seems a little stringent. I applaud the LPGA in their requirements, but it seems like a total win number should be able to trump the 10 year requirement.

So a player can come in, destroy all comers for, say, 5 seasons, blow out a disc in her back, and not qualify? Seems a little stringent. I applaud the LPGA in their requirements, but it seems like a total win number should be able to trump the 10 year requirement.

Pretty much. The reason I knew this is GC was talking about it with regard to Inbee Park and if she did what Lorena did she wouldn't be eligible to.

I believe the PGA has a time of service requirement as well.

I feel like there should be some sort of sliding scale in terms of length of career vs results.

Always a fan of Se Ri, I wish her well!

It's a weird thing to remember but she said she started the club back with her left hand. With all the one piece takeaway talk that just stood out to me. When I started playing she was a bad mofo. Hope she's retiring happy and on her terms.

It's a weird thing to remember but she said she started the club back with her left hand. With all the one piece takeaway talk that just stood out to me. When I started playing she was a bad mofo. Hope she's retiring happy and on her terms.

Exactly. That. For all of us.

I will miss her and so will golf I first became a fan of hers when she won and Black wolf Run in kohler Wisconsin. She's done a lot for woman's golf

Back