Odyssey Putters Thread

So question for the masses cause I'm pretty much a dolt. The standard odyssey grip.....what kind of grip is that? Pistol? Or what

And here it is, I love this putter!

comparison to the MXM Versa #7

Beauty. Love that putter. It's gorgeous.

Beauty. Love that putter. It's gorgeous.

Thanks man! It's even better looking in hand than I thought it would be.

Definitely one of the best looking 7s out there

You're definitely right about that, I've been drooling over one for a while! It will be hard for Odyssey to top this one in my opinion. I love it!

MXM is still the gamer or the Fastback if I need a change of pace, this one is the special occasion putter.

I literally spent 10 minutes trying screw the wrong weights in. I knew I should have asked here first or sent out a text asking. I feel like an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might have an extra weight kit with the smaller weights. If you need one let me know. If I can find it its yours.

Might have an extra weight kit with the smaller weights. If you need one let me know. If I can find it its yours.

Thank you but Toas is hooking it up with one. Appreciate it.

So question for the masses cause I'm pretty much a dolt. The standard odyssey grip.....what kind of grip is that? Pistol? Or what

Ya that's the pistol grip

Ya that's the pistol grip

Most of the Odyssey putters don't come with a true "pistol" grip. Usually a tapered grip similar to shape of lamkin I line or iomic Putter grips. Only one model that I've seen came with a real pistol style grip was milled collection sx

Most of the Odyssey putters don't come with a true "pistol" grip. Usually a tapered grip similar to shape of lamkin I line or iomic Putter grips. Only one model that I've seen came with a real pistol style grip was milled collection sx

The only reason I asked, was cause of that masters green pistol I've been seeing from Lamkin. I like the small grip on my V Line, and wanted something similar.

The only reason I asked, was cause of that masters green pistol I've been seeing from Lamkin. I like the small grip on my V Line, and wanted something similar.
Unless it's a super stroke model they come with standard size taper grip. Below is grip from white hot pro, similar to mxm grip with different color dcheme
621e827ebf45fe40c5ef2c8601922ce9.jpg

Yes that style, I can always order a replacement if the pistol doesn't feel right in my girlish hands

I really wanna get my hands on a Tour Design Black Series #2

Sharp looking putter, like size better then the MXM #7

V Line Fang on order.

Having only played heavier putters for the past few years, I am looking forward to going back to a lighter setup. Wonder how the growing pains will be?

Sharp looking putter, like size better then the MXM #7

I haven't had them out on the course yet. In the house on 8' putts, I like the smaller head better so far. I don't plan on gaming the 777 very often so I hope I like the MXM better on course and it makes it easier to leave the pretty one at the house. Thanks!

Was a little disappointed today. The RX #1 is a slightly different shape than the Works #1. Not a huge deal, but looked odd to me. Works #1 will be the next order, I believe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I took the MXM and the Lucky 777 out for a round today and they are both so good. I think my lag putting was a little better with the 777 and probably just a little better all around for me. Not to take anything away from the MXM, it's a really good putter too and will be my everyday gamer, there's just not enough difference to consider gaming the 777 all the time. I may change my mind and start bagging the 777 full time, but for now it will stay at home. I may look at getting another #7 with the smaller head to bag all the time. It also might be the grip difference, the MXM has a SS mid slim 2.0 and the 777 has the stock grip, which may be better for me also.

Anybody know which #7's have the smaller heads? I'll look back through this thread also, I thought I saw it in here somewhere.

I took the MXM and the Lucky 777 out for a round today and they are both so good. I think my lag putting was a little better with the 777 and probably just a little better all around for me. Not to take anything away from the MXM, it's a really good putter too and will be my everyday gamer, there's just not enough difference to consider gaming the 777 all the time. I may change my mind and start bagging the 777 full time, but for now it will stay at home. I may look at getting another #7 with the smaller head to bag all the time. It also might be the grip difference, the MXM has a SS mid slim 2.0 and the 777 has the stock grip, which may be better for me also.

Anybody know which #7's have the smaller heads? I'll look back through this thread also, I thought I saw it in here somewhere.
Mxm, mxm versa and tank models have bigger heads. All others have smaller heads. Perhaps the older white hot pro have bigger heads too

Mxm, mxm versa and tank models have bigger heads. All others have smaller heads. Perhaps the older white hot pro have bigger heads too

Thanks kc720, I figured you would chime in with the info I was looking for. You da man! So do you ever put your LE models in play?

Thanks kc720, I figured you would chime in with the info I was looking for. You da man! So do you ever put your LE models in play?
I have rolled all of them to some extent. They just sit now since I've been rolling a blade since January

I have rolled all of them to some extent. They just sit now since I've been rolling a blade since January

Yes, I saw the new SC the other day. It is an absolutely beautiful putter!!!

Back