Do You Throw, Toss or Slam Your Clubs?

Yep.. I used to be notorious for doing the light club toss! I've since realized I wasn't good enough to get pissed.

I used to when I first started, don't anymore, first don't want to hurt my clubs, second, just not worth getting that angry, lastly, someone could get hurt.

Never have, never will. I just do not get that type of behavior. Its golf, just relax and enjoy it.

10 years ago as a teenager, absolutely (not proud of it). Nowadays, absolutely not.

Most I have done is swear 1 time out load, other times in my head.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've been known to use great speed & force is placing a club back near my bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever done a full on club throw. I've been guilty of smacking (not hard) my driver in the ground but that has been very rare. Swearing to myself or giving my ball a blank stare is my outlet.

I have gotten a little angry and sent a club through the air. Not my proudest moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played with someone last week (not a THPer) that was not a real angry guy, but once in a while would get frustrated and toss his clubs (some would call it a throw). Im not a guy that does that, so it got me wondering how many do?

I do absolutely everything I can not to. I hate it.

I admit to doing the helicopter a time or two, but it was embarrassing and I will NEVER do it again. Life is too short and I'm just not good enough to get that angry.

JM
Ditto.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I do absolutely everything I can not to. I hate it.
I'm the same. I'm definitely guilty of doing it before, but I'll do everything I can to stop myself.

When I first started playing I would slam my driver, and I've been known to flip an iron/wedge/putter as well (at least I never gave it the hammer-toss treatment). All it took was a round with someone who had a similarly poor attitude that got me to thinking if I made people as miserable playing with me, as I was playing with this individual. That cured me. Now, my day might not be all roses, but it's handled maturely.

I don't throw but if I am having a particularly bad round I may slam the bottom of the club into the ground.

Not in the last 28 years.

Once upon a time I had a dozen or so of these type throws.

The absolute most I might do in the worst of frustrations is drop a club or hit the turf with the head. I'm not saying I'm proud of that but it's the truth.

I've done it in the past and not proud of it at all. I've tried to address my anger and expectation issues and hope that it's squarely in the past.

No way. Wouldn't even think about it.
For me, getting out for a few hours to have me time is very relaxing, no matter how bad I'm playing. Anyway, I paid a lot of money for my clubs to be throwing them around.
Besides, there's always beer available if I'm playing bad.

Overall no but I have when I was younger. Now I spend too much on clubs to break them.

I'm embarrassed to say I have in the past...

Trying hard to never let it happen again

Nope. Not i

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

On occasion. My wedges probably get the worst of it. It's not something I'm proud of.

I've never done it. Just seems a little silly to me. I also get on the guys I coach if I see them do it.

I have never full on hurled a club, but I have flipped my clubs in disgust towards the cart. I have been better about it for a while though.

Back