Callaway & Boeing Team Up For Technology

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty cool interview with THP TV speaking with Callaway and Boeing about the new XR 16 Driver.

I'd be impressed if it was Boeing Defense. Rocket powered drivers.

So cool to see a golf company and an airplane company come together for this kind of collaboration of a golf driver.

I think it's cool to see a company in any industry willing to admit that there might be someone outside their own organization or industry who would be able to aid them. Just makes sense that if you are trying to reduce aerodynamic drag, talk to airplane engineers. Perhaps the only way I'd like this move more would be if they worked with a F1 team.

• Admin
My pilot friend that I played with this morning, just bought this driver after testing every driver we have here at THP and his new saying after murdering it on the course is

"If its not a Boeing, I am not going"

Apparently pilots have their preferences too.

My pilot friend that I played with this morning, just bought this driver after testing every driver we have here at THP and his new saying after murdering it on the course is

"If its not a Boeing, I am not going"

Apparently pilots have their preferences too.

Think there's one for Lamborghini as well, thought not really forum appropriate.

Pretty cool partnership, makes sense really.

I must admit although it never occurred to me the relationship just makes sense. There are lots of smart poeple at Callaway!

I wonder if Taylormade will follow up with an agreement with Airbus? That would be funny!

Teaming up with Boeing just makes sense when it comes to aerodynamics and increasing speed. Such a great idea in thinking outside the box.

Good interview Dean. Interesting to see the golf companies turning to outside influences and using experts from other non-golf fields. Makes solid sense to me.

I like the way companies are thinking outside of their industry for collaboration to make products better.

Cool interview and I personally really like that they are partnering with Boeing.

It makes a ton of sense. If someone else has done the research and employs lots of very smart people why not reach out to them? Probably get better results at a cheaper price then if you did everything in house.

I am super impressed with Callaway thinking outside the box. They really are one of the leaders in golf tech and innovation. My bag will be all Callaway in the next few months. Hard not to game them with the tech, the customer service and what they do for us THP'ers. I just hope I get to meet them in person one day to say thanks!

I was really glad that THP TV was able to speak with Boeing as the company as a whole I am a big fan of.

Video was a nice commercial for collaboration, would love to see more on how the project was conceived through to challenges and final product testing. Would love to see Callaway come out with some "Phantom Works" merchandise to support the launch

Interesting interview thanks. Callaway is great at creating smart marketing buzz in their products

Really cool to hear about the synergy between Callaway and Boeing that went into the XR16.

If you'd like to learn more about our collaboration with Boeing, we produced a mini documentary on the topic which you can see here:
http://youtu.be/5d-DWLp15q0

As a proud Air Force veteran, this is one of the coolest collaborations that I've ever been a part of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you'd like to learn more about our collaboration with Boeing, we produced a mini documentary on the topic which you can see here:
http://youtu.be/5d-DWLp15q0

As a proud Air Force veteran, this is one of the coolest collaborations that I've ever been a part of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was awesome. These guys are smart and a video like this has me wanting to hand over my money. Love, love, love this type of thing.

DNevsCG that was a great video, thanks. And a great interview with Dean. Enjoy how they are thinking outside of the box to bring great products.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hope the video posted by DNevsCG didn't get looked over.

Some SERIOUS mental horsepower in that video! Very well done, and really interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Pretty neat promo video there. Worth the time to watch it for sure!

Kudos to Callaway for out of the box thinking. Could be the wave of the future.

Back