Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Me neither. Watched a robot hit the XR Pro for a bunch of balls all over the face and there was not any deviation. Pretty cool to see.

That would be cool to see! Appreciate the input guys!

I grab the 7 iron, 8 iron, maybe a 5 iron, a PW, who am I kidding? I grab these clubs out of my bag in the house and just walk around the house with them. To say I'm itchy for longer days and warm weather is selling it short. These puppies are begging for attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone want to trade for a set of Apex Pro 16s?

Anyone want to trade for a set of Apex Pro 16s?
You can come to Wisconsin and take them from my cold dead hands. No really, I have frostbite

Will be getting fitted by a local pro sometime in Mid March, once we can get outside and hit off grass. Will have a run at Pings, Titleists, and Callaways. Trying to go in with an open mind, but from the 7 irons I hit across each brand, I have a feeling I already know where I'm going to end up.

One thing I have noticed with driving the longer irons off the Tee is to keep it teed low. Seems to me they are a lot hotter at the bottom of the face, especially the 4 iron. These are the first irons that I can actually work right and left.

Warm weather next week in Kansas!
Will be giving my new CF16s a go... Love February golf opportunities!

I cannot get these off of my mind! You guys are killing me.

Yep 3 degrees here Sunday and 48 Tuesday. Will be back at it next week.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Warm weather next week in Kansas!
Will be giving my new CF16s a go... Love February golf opportunities!

Welcome! I am from the Lee's Summit area! I am actually going to hit these today to see if they will kick out my ap2s!

At the conclusion of some iron shaft reviewing these are now back in the bag for a bit until the next review comes in. I have to say as well, its always like coming home.

Having hit pretty much every similar class iron out there the last 2 years nothing gets the ENTIRE package as "right" as the CF16 do. The look, the feel, the performance, its all there. Ugh, they are so damn good.

At the conclusion of some iron shaft reviewing these are now back in the bag for a bit until the next review comes in. I have to say as well, its always like coming home.

Having hit pretty much every similar class iron out there the last 2 years nothing gets the ENTIRE package as "right" as the CF16 do. The look, the feel, the performance, its all there. Ugh, they are so damn good.

Jman,

If I am looking for an iron more forgiving then my Apex Pro's. Is this the iron I should get? I have hit the Apex Cf 16band it is sweet.

I'm not Jman but I'll throw my $.02 in. You will be hard pressed to find an iron that offers more forgiveness along with the playability of the CF16. Cup Face is legit and these irons are the real deal

Jman,

If I am looking for an iron more forgiving then my Apex Pro's. Is this the iron I should get? I have hit the Apex Cf 16band it is sweet.
Much more forgiving. Much.

The long irons obviously have the cup face going for them which will aid on misses and keeping that ball speed up but through the entire set the design and weighting makes for a much better iron when it comes to how they react to misses. There's more mass here to make that happen, but its in all the right places to keep the look really sleek.

The only thing this iron lacks is the words "pro" or "tour" in the name. Other than that, every box is checked. They're workable, forgiving, bombers, lookers, and feel amazing. What more can we ask for?

The only thing this iron lacks is the words "pro" or "tour" in the name. Other than that, every box is checked. They're workable, forgiving, bombers, lookers, and feel amazing. What more can we ask for?

For them to compliment the player after every shot?

'Wow, such crisp contact.'

'Amazing shot.'

:wink:

For them to compliment the player after every shot?

'Wow, such crisp contact.'

'Amazing shot.'

:wink:
Nah. Explosion followed by reassured silence. That's all I need

Haha! Like a liftoff from Cape Canaveral!

I am in serious ponder mode, who am I kidding I will buy these irons after getting fit

We have a tracking number... My set arrives Tuesday...

5-AW
Dynamic Gold SL S300
+1/4
2 up
1 strong

Can't wait...

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I obviously haven't had the breadth of experience as Jman, but I have to echo his sentiment. If it seems like I have been gushing about these irons it is because I HAVE BEEN. No other iron set has ticked all of the boxes for me like this set has. From a distance/forgiveness standpoint I would put these up against any of the irons on the market the past few years. I had begrudgingly moved from a players' iron set to distance irons. The gains I saw were amazing, but the feel and aesthetics left a lot to be desired, and honestly the ego was slightly bruised (right or wrong). This set, however, is a game changer.

I'm not Jman but I'll throw my $.02 in. You will be hard pressed to find an iron that offers more forgiveness along with the playability of the CF16. Cup Face is legit and these irons are the real deal
I agree with you 100% brother. The cupface in the long irons is what really impresses me with this set, and the fact that the could execute this performance while still making them stunning is something I haven't seen in an iron yet.

I obviously haven't had the breadth of experience as Jman, but I have to echo his sentiment. If it seems like I have been gushing about these irons it is because I HAVE BEEN. No other iron set has ticked all of the boxes for me like this set has. From a distance/forgiveness standpoint I would put these up against any of the irons on the market the past few years. I had begrudgingly moved from a players' iron set to distance irons. The gains I saw were amazing, but the feel and aesthetics left a lot to be desired, and honestly the ego was slightly bruised (right or wrong). This set, however, is a game changer.

I agree with you 100% brother. The cupface in the long irons is what really impresses me with this set, and the fact that the could execute this performance while still making them stunning is something I haven't seen in an iron yet.

This posts sums these irons up perfectly! They are amazing and will be in my bag for the foreseeable future. For anyone on the fence, do yourself a favor and hit them. I suspect your mind will be made up once you do.

So I have purposely not been following this thread too closely, but my curiosity is getting the better of me lately, so if this has been discussed in the first 100 pages, please point me in the right direction.
First, for Jman, or anyone else who has played both, how do these compare to the ping Ie1? Specifically wondering about forgiveness, but also ball flight and spin?
Second, anyone playing the S wedge, and if so please share your thoughts. Thanks.

I've had a love/hate relationship with this thread lol. But yesterday I finally broke down. The Apex CF16 have been tempting me for quite some time. I think it was the moment we made eye to cupface contact :).

Anyway i wanted to make sure it wasn't an emotional purchase; I went in with an open mind and hit some of the new offerings alongside this one and it was clear the Apex CF16 were the ones for me. Launch was tame, spin was great and distance/forgiveness was stellar. What was interesting though was what i got fit into shaft wise.
I've been playing C-Tapers 120S for the last 1.5 years. Pretty much when i started golfing. I won't spend too much on those details here but I was fit into True Temper DG TI S400s Hard-stepped once. Something about the way the extra weight felt and the way the shaft kicked actually increased my SS and yardage and reduced spin/launch a minimal amount but it was still a reduction. I know that's odd considering how the CTapers are built, but my hands just felt looser like I can just whip through impact relaxed.

Amazing how important fittings are even when you something has worked for you in the past. I plan on sharing more about the experience on another thread.

Moral of this story...I'll be joining the Apex CF team :).

Back