Sharkguy95

Dreamer
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.2
My father is big into the high tech fabrics and special clothes, but they are too expensive for me. I'm talking $100 Nike pants or $350 footjoy shoes. I love the classic looks of Jimmy Walker, Web Simpson, Justin Rose, Ernie Els, and other's but I am on a college budget. Since I am only one person, I am wondering what all of you have found on the market that's affordable and still gives you classic looks. I'm looking for hats, shirts, shoes, and pant's. Feel free to share other accessories if you have found them for good prices.

Are there any brands that you know of that aren't very popular? Certain websites to shop from? Stores to visit if I'm ever in a particular area?

I'll give you an example. If you ever fly through the Milwaukee Airport in Wisconsin, there is a PGA store. Every time I've been through there they have had PGA Tour shirts for $20 each. They have many sizes and they are made from a microfiber polyester type fabric and I always pick up two or three each time I visit home.

Obviously there are somethings worth saving for, but I know there are good deals out there that have my name on them. Please share your secrets!

The Slazenger and Walter Hagen stuff at Dicks always looks pretty good to me.

Under Armour, Puma, and Nike Golf always seem to end up at a great deal at Marshalls

Based on your description of likes and wants those classic brands are fantastic. Peter Millar, Bobby Jones and a handful of others. If you have a Nordstrom Rack near you check that out as they have some serious quality in there and I buy both there and they are always more than 50% off.

If you have a Steinmart near you, they have the higher quality Hogan line as well as both Martin and Fenec that are both heritage like classic lines.

I believe my wife hath blown up Fairway Style's clearance rack for me this year. While much of their stuff is out of my price range normally, when they have sales they have SALES.

The Ben Hogan stuff at WalMart isn't bad at all. I have a few pairs of C9 pants from Target, they're not bad but definitely not highest quality. Kohl's house brands are always pretty good quality, and picking up stuff at a major discount from places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls is how I picked up a good part of my wardrobe. Dicks & GolfSmith will have racks of name brand shirts and pants usually from last season marked down to like, 60%-70% off at times too. It's definitely out there, I'm sure you can stock up on some great clothes with a bit of looking around.

Fairwaystyles has times of sales and you can find some good deals on puma. Under armour, nike, deveraux, linksoul, matte grey.

As jb mentioned peter millar, bobby jones. Ebay has some decent deals on these two brands periodically and there are some dealers with used items that are in great shape for really low prices

2nd guy golf has pretty decent prices and their stuff looks to be of good quality, plus lots of the proceeds go to charities.

they're not quite in the $20 polo range but pretty close (retail ~$40) and their sales get shirts into that range.

http://www.2ggapparel.com/

The most important thing to me is having shorts that do not wrinkle. I have found some cheaper brands like Snake Eyes to be good in this department and I'm sure there are others. One of my favorite pairs came from Walmart. You don't have to spend $80 (which I will not) on a pair of shorts, pants or shirts for find some that are good.

Pick things up at end of season. I buy next years clothes in October/November and sometimes into January of the next year. Wal-Mart, Sam's, Kohl's. Surely Costco sells golf wear too.

I bought three pairs of FootJoys at GolfSmith on closeout for under $100. Selection was slim, but they had my size, so it was fine!

I really like the slim fit Fila golf pants at Kohls. I get them for 29.99 and less.

I like going to Steinmart and Norstrom Rack for golf shirts and 6pm.com for my Ecco golf shoes.

I bought some Izod pants today at Belks for 14.99 based on this thread.

Back