Club Fitting options ...

inthehole

Holly Sonders Caddie
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.5
I need a new driver... bad.

In my area, as far as I know there are only two options for a fitting (Golfsmith/Golf Galaxy) or Golf Tec. My understanding is that Golf Galaxy will throw in the price for the fitting if you buy the club. I can't find ANYTHING on the Golf Tec site about this - seems they are intentionally not indicating pricing, which leads me to believe that the price of the fitting is ADDITIONAL even if you buy the club there - can anyone confirm this for me ?

I'd also like to know if one of these retailers is significantly better than the other for fittings based on experience ... thanks.

I need a new driver... bad.

In my area, as far as I know there are only two options for a fitting (Golfsmith/Golf Galaxy) or Golf Tec. My understanding is that Golf Galaxy will throw in the price for the fitting if you buy the club. I can't find ANYTHING on the Golf Tec site about this - seems they are intentionally not indicating pricing, which leads me to believe that the price of the fitting is ADDITIONAL even if you buy the club there - can anyone confirm this for me ?

I'd also like to know if one of these retailers is significantly better than the other for fittings based on experience ... thanks.

When I got fitted by Golftec (twice) they waived the fitting charge since I bought the clubs through them. BUT, my first fittings were for irons which I paid $1,200 and my second fitting was for woods and hybrid and I bought two wedges (based on my iron fitting) spending at least as much as I did previously. You should call them and ask if they will discount the fitting if you buy through them but if you are only buying a single club then I wouldn't expect them to make the fitting free for you.

I should add that I think both times I was fitted I spent around 1.5 hours with the fitter. I believe their charge was $125-130 for the fitting (again, both times waived).

A simple phone call will give the correct answer.

They should knock the fitting price off if you purchase that day.

Go with GolfTec. They are not in the business of selling clubs.

If you go to GG take your old driver as well to compare on the same simulator in case they like changing it to downwind at 6000 feet elevation or whatever settings they use to juice it up.

If you go to GG take your old driver as well to compare on the same simulator in case they like changing it to downwind at 6000 feet elevation or whatever settings they use to juice it up.

Another reason NOT to go to GG..........

Back