TaylorMade RSi 1 Irons Review Thread

does anyone have these irons with the kbs tour 105 shafts?

I do, I was just fitted by the TMPL at the golf club of Houston. The fitter suggested the KBS Tour 105g shafts for more consistent swing.

I like them them so far, still learning how to hit them. The heads were also set to 1 degree upright.

Ive got some on the way, 2 degrees upright, with the kbs 105 stiff shafts and lamkin UTX grips

I just picked up 4-gw set in steel regular. I hit the 7 iron on a sim and was getting really good results on well-struck shots, but what really suprised me was the results on thin and off-center strikes. Mishits still had a high trajectory with a slight decrease in distance. I was playing a set of sppedblades and I find that for me these are longer and more forgiving.

I am really enjoying these clubs. I can't get along with the 4 iron yet but everything else is great

The more I play these the more I love them. Recently shot my best rounds in years , even par 72 ,back up by a 75 . The 5 & 6 irons are the best I have have played . I normally struggle with these irons but now I am not at all scared to bring these out for a shot.
gb

I was wondering how the rsi1 compared in forgiveness to the Speedbladez on high face hits, that is my issue in irons right now.

A little late coming to the party, but I have been playing RS1's since early this year and absolutely love them.
I have the graphite shafts (which are superb) and am now hitting distances that I could only dream about a year or so ago.
I had Cobra S3's before these, which I enjoyed, but these are at least a club longer, maybe more, despite the fact that the lofts are almost identical.
I would go as far as to say that these are the best clubs I have ever owned, and I've owned some clubs over the past 25 years, believe me!

hello, they think it is good time to buy these irons ? I want to replace my old rac os 2 but that will go on sale the new m2 . I was also looking at new 716 AP1 . Many differences between forgiveness ap1 716 / RS1 ? Thank you

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

hello, they think it is good time to buy these irons ? I want to replace my old rac os 2 but that will go on sale the new m2 . I was also looking at new 716 AP1 . Many differences between forgiveness ap1 716 / RS1 ? Thank you

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

I have played the RSI1 all of last year, and are still in the bag. They are very forgiving. Have not hit the AP1716 but I played the 712s and hit the 714's, and they are right in the same ballpark in terms of forgiveness. Both great irons. I got a slightly higher ballspeed/more distance from the RSI1 and just as good of height compared to the 714AP1 when I tested them out.

They are nice irons but lack in workability! They go too straight sometimes!

They are nice irons but lack in workability! They go too straight sometimes!

You must have a different set of RSi1's than I do, I hit mine with an unintentional fade:angel:

I still really enjoy these irons. Have thought about trying something new many times just when I get bored and just nothing comes close to working as well for me. High, forgiving, and long. Just a really solid set of irons. Certainly plan on keeping them in the bag for the rest of the year and a few more.

I've played the RSi 1 irons with the REAX 55 gram M flex graphite shafts the last 27 holes. Straight out of the box, got them off eBay. They are a club longer that the last 2 sets of irons I've been playing, Cobra F6 reg steel shafts and Cobra AMP Cell reg graphite shafts. Playing again Monday and will go to Golf Galaxy and have the lie & loft checked and tweaked if necessary after the round. They seem to be working very well stock out of the box. I've hit a few out near the toe and a couple 2-3 grooves low on the face, and the results were a straight flight and seemingly no loss of distance. I remember seeing a video of these irons being tested when they first came out on a machine. They set it up to hit one shot with a 7 iron dead nuts square, one out towards the toe and one in towards the hosel but still on the face. All three went almost the same distance and the toe shot was left of the hole and the inward shot was right of the hole but all three were almost the same distance. I'm impressed so far with these irons and looking forward for another round with them

I am sold on these irons. Best I've ever played. Gained a club length with them, slight miss hits give poor hit feedback but distance isn't affected.

Back