Callaway Apex MB Hosel diameter

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I found 5, 7 8, 9 and PW Apex MB in the project X 6.5 shaft today on CPO (already own the 6) and since I've been looking for a cheap set of Musclebacks. However my 6i and the 6i have stiff shafts so I want to pull and replace them with X-Stiff Shafts to match the other ones.

I'm fairly certain the MB hosel is a 0.370 but before I order 2 more Project X shafts I wanted to confirm.

I am mobile, but didnt these come standard with Tour V? Wouldnt that make it .355?

I am mobile, but didnt these come standard with Tour V? Wouldnt that make it .355?

That's right. I forgot so that would make it a .355.

I'm just going to pull the shaft on the 6i I have so I can confirm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pulled the shaft. It's a 0.370
0bbf849e018aebadb8707b3ddec9c3f1.jpg

b4cbf1c0d3fe51190e9d1aff804a7bd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, you need to measure at the very tip of the iron shaft and bottom of the hosel. Above the small taper section of 355 shafts they typically turn closer to 370 diameter.

FWIW, you need to measure at the very tip of the iron shaft and bottom of the hosel. Above the small taper section of 355 shafts they typically turn closer to 370 diameter.

From the dentist chair? Beastly!

Remeasured. I got .3505 at the tip.
90c99921f491547c07b64d20916d1f49.jpg

Thanks. I'm going to call Callaway to confirm.

Looks like I need .355 shafts.

It's definitely taper tip. I refurbished a set last year and needed .355

Confirmed with Callaway - tapered tip.

This actually works out better as I can get a whole set of 0.355 Ryder Cup Project X shafts super cheap. I'm going to pull them all.

Hey I was right...haha
I kid I kid...But when you are my age, going off of memory, that is a proud moment.

Hey I was right...haha
I kid I kid...But when you are my age, going off of memory, that is a proud moment.

Glad to see you didn't have a senior moment. Good Stuff!

It is 355 but you need to use callaway collared ferrules to be certain the shaft is centered in the hosel

I think these are it

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161610188389&alt=web

Thanks for the reminder. I have to stop by Golfsmith today to pick up a putter extender and new grip so hopefully they will have them. Otherwise off to ebay.

In the end I'll have basically a brand new set of Musclebacks for less than $500. Now whether I can hit them well will be another discussion. At least they will look good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back